Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Focus STD is coming :) According to Ford Focus ST diesel confirmed | Auto Express It is going to be announced this weekend at Goodwood.

Powered by a 2.0 TDCi engine, the diesel ST will have 182bhp (1bhp more than the GTD) and cover 0-62mph in eight seconds – 0.5 seconds slower than the Golf. CO2 emission will be 114g/km, while the chassis will get the same suspension and steering tune as the petrol-powered Focus ST.
Auto Express also reports that the 2015 Focus ST will have a 7% increase in fuel economy.

Source: Ford Focus ST diesel confirmed | Auto Express

·
Registered
862 Posts
That will NOT be it's official title. It will likely stay "ST-Diesel".

Looks like Ford is going to be unveiling the 2015 ST refresh at Goodwood as well. Excited to see what thats like.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The new ST has been unvieled. The ST-Diesel has not been approved for the US market. IF the ST-Diesel wagon is released to the US, we will be first in line to get one.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I happen to like that name. The Focus STD. HAHA

·
Registered
31 Posts
EU is all over diesel.
but frankly i am from EU, but still doesn't understand. diesel sports car?
why?? you buy performance car for saving fuel ?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
We love our diesel SuperDuty, but that is for hauling (though it is easy and fun to brake the rear tires loose). I understand the VW TDIs also which get great MPGs. Would a Focus STD (that name WILL stick, if only unofficially) compete directly with a TDI model maybe? With the cost of diesel being higher than premium 93, the MPGs would have to be much higher I'd think than a regular ST for US buyers to overcome the added fuel cost plus the added cost of the diesel engine vs a gas engine. I'm curious to see what comes of this.

·
Registered
340 Posts
We love our diesel SuperDuty, but that is for hauling (though it is easy and fun to brake the rear tires loose). I understand the VW TDIs also which get great MPGs. Would a Focus STD (that name WILL stick, if only unofficially) compete directly with a TDI model maybe? With the cost of diesel being higher than premium 93, the MPGs would have to be much higher I'd think than a regular ST for US buyers to overcome the added fuel cost plus the added cost of the diesel engine vs a gas engine. I'm curious to see what comes of this.
The diesel ST would compete with the Golf GTD, not the TDI.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The GTD has been used before in the MKII

·
Registered
47 Posts
I seriously doubt we will ever see the diesel model on our shores.
North America and Europe use completely different refining methods, which yield a reversed quantity of gasoline and diesel. North America is almost completely maxed, in regards to diesel production, this is why you do not see a big push to increase the number of diesel vehicles in NA, and the price would drastically increase if there were...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts