Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Does the Hood gap bother you?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Focus ST Gap from the front bumper to the hood... Is it an issue? Are you concerned?

Focus ST-R Picture from Washington Auto Show

The gap is almost gone...

Focus ST Picture from Washington Auto Show

Focus ST Picture from Washington Auto Show

Focus ST Picture from Detroit Auto Show

Focus ST Picture from LA Auto Show

Focus ST Picture from LA Auto Show

Focus ST Picture from the filming of The Sweeney

Focus ST Pre-Production Marketing Image from Ford.com

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its definitely consistant among all Pre-Production Models shown

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I've noticed the gap as well. They seem to be very good at fixing it in photoshop but the cars at the shows definitely have large gaps. I'm sure it won't be there come production time.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote from Lisa

Likely a pre-production issue. Gaps will follow standard Ford guidelines.
Best Regards,
Lisa Schoder | Ford ST Marketing Manager - US
I asked:
Will the gap between the hood and the front bumper remain for the Production version of the Focus ST? To clarify what I mean please visit this link, a thread about this topic with poll.
http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-exterior/216-focus-st-hood-gap.html

Some members want to know why the gap looks so wide.

Thanks again

Chad
Gaps will follow standard Ford guidelines....means it will be fixed

Reactions: topher352

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I love the fact that we are able to interact with Ford via someone involved in the project (ie.. Lisa). Just knowing that she is open to feedback, and responds to questions like this is nothing short of amazing. 12 years ago when the first Focus came out, it wasn't like this. This is why I love technology, the internet, and even social media. I really think this is a win-win. We are able to feed our desires for more info, and Ford is able to gain valuable insight into the minds of it's customers. Two thumbs up to Ford for embracing this. :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love the fact that we are able to interact with Ford via someone involved in the project (ie.. Lisa). Just knowing that she is open to feedback, and responds to questions like this is nothing short of amazing. 12 years ago when the first Focus came out, it wasn't like this. This is why I love technology, the internet, and even social media. I really think this is a win-win. We are able to feed our desires for more info, and Ford is able to gain valuable insight into the minds of it's customers. Two thumbs up to Ford for embracing this. :cool:
+1

Taking care of the customers that care is sure way to generate brand loyalty.

Enthusiasts that are willing to shout from the proverbial 'rooftops' will do really positive things for Ford's reputation.

If the ST meets my expectations I'll be shouting.

Darth Understeer

May the Downshift be with you

·
Registered
358 Posts
There is a disadvantage of the social media and internet stuff.

We got all this information tooo quick. So I am waiting since 2010....that is tooooo long for me :)
And every quarter you get some more information is horrible for me :)

I would feel much better if they go another way like
2011 = 2012 we will release a new ST...facts....bla
mid end of 2011= you can preoder @ XXxXX....

:)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lisa knows the world is open and free, and consumer expect information to be as such. Obviously its to her advantage, and to Ford's advantage to be so engaged with their customers.

I feel lucky to be able to speak with her.

I really do believe they hyped the Focus ST too soon as well. If they showed the Concept in 2010, then we should have seen the car to market sooner. It seems like the development process was quite slow. But what do we know about "everything" that goes into developing a global car? It seems like, if they are basing the ST off the new 2012 Focus, then one would think it would be faster to bring the car to market. Especially since the chassis was already finished. Who knows..

Its going to be a great car, and a great addition to the sporty hatch market. I do not care for the M3S much, its too boring. And I have never been a VW fan..I don't like the styling cues.

This car seems to have all aspects rounded out.
  • power
  • good styling
  • hopefully a nice price
It really is the car I am looking for. A car I can modify and build on.

If not, I have a runner up to the ST. :)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was at Northwood University Auto Show this weekend. The 2012 Focus was there of course. The hood gap looks just like the Focus ST.

FYI

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That orange looks closer to the original color we saw two years ago.. It looks good

·
Registered
693 Posts
After further review, that gap isn't too bad. That color isn't bad either!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Agreed, that gap in that picture isn't as bad as some of the other ones I've seen. The color kind of looks like almost a balance between the original tangerine scream color and the new.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I could own a ST with that kind of orange.

One thought on the color, perhaps per-production ST's based on Focus SE's were...

·
Registered
358 Posts
the color is the same as the other cars, but you´re see the first pics in daylight with an not professional CAMERA, for sure!
the hood-gap isn´t good, it must be closer.

edit: have changed word "color to camera"
lol^^

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Since there are hood gap discussions all over the place, I felt it was necessary to bring the only "true" hood gap thread back alive.

I had the chance to check out my friends 2012 Focus SE and I took a picture of the hood to grill clearance. It is VERY similar to the Focus ST. Granted the standard focus has a different grill/bumper, this still shows that there is a bit of a gap between the two at the edges. Check it out for yourself.

Discuss.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts