Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just picked up my ST last week. Noticed 2 days ago that when in idle, whether the engine is cold or warmed up, there is a slight shaking or shudder about every 5-8 seconds. I don't feel it in the pedals or steering wheel, but more-so in my seat. I went to the Ford dealer and tried to see if I noticed it in another ST, and I believe I felt a slight shudder but maybe not as strong as mine.

Does anyone else feel this? I just want the motor to be running as smooth as possible.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine does this as well. Unnoticeable while driving but while idling I definitely feel it.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I have it too.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have it too.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Same here. Bugs the hell out of me. I also have a pretty bad rough idle at times. I need to find time to check all the connections.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Same, also accompanied by a rattling noise, which my dealer claims is just the "normal noise of the high pressure fuel pump"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same, also accompanied by a rattling noise, which my dealer claims is just the "normal noise of the high pressure fuel pump"
I also have the rattle. I think that might be normal though. It's annoying either way.

I'm glad my car isn't the only one with the shudder problem. Wish the car ran smoother though.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I'll throw my hat in, I have this as well. I think it's just subtle RPM changes at idle - you could probably confirm by watching a more accurate rev counter than the needle - maybe diagnostic mode on the car itself or something on the Cobb hardware, etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had that "stumble" feeling also... but for whatever reason, it disappeared with the Cobb tune... car idles a lot smoother now... I think some of Torrie's customers have reported the same thing...
Maybe Cobb will chime in with maybe something they found with stock idle and improved.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I notice this too, before and after the Cobb tune

·
Registered
146 Posts
I failed to mention it in my first post but I have the Cobb AP as well and noticed the shudder before and after installing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looking at the actual rev counter on a computer shows no difference. I can almost guarantee it happening from a cold start but rarely it happens when I come to a stoplight after 30 mins or so of driving.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts