Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you in the UK have probably already seen this, but those of us in America have to wait forever to see the new Top Gear episodes.

The new episode last night featured a regular focus dressed up in ST badges and body panels for a car chase that Jeremy and Hammond "helped" to shoot. Granted, this is not a real ST, but it still looks fantastic squealing around as the hero car.

The only vid I could find is flipped (annoying) so if anyone finds the regular version, please post it up! And I'm on my phone, so a link is all I can provide.

Top Gear - Car Chase (FULL VIDEO 21 minutes and HD) - YouTube

·
Registered
148 Posts
The "Hamster" and Clarkson are uproarious in this clip. However, for those of us interested in an ST, we'll shed a little tear after the cannon shot. I'm 6' 2" inches tall - not sure I like the way the roof looks after Hammond's jump scene. :eek: Funny stuff, good find DreamInPixels. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yes! I just saw this last night on BBC America HD. Totally made my night (even though it wasn't a real ST). Also I think pretty much any car will look flattened like that when shot 50 feet into the air from a cannon and landing on its roof...I guess if you routinely drive off of 5 story overpasses it could be a concern :D

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
It's ok, it wasn't really a ST, just a stand in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yup, I think it had the euro 1.6T ecoboost in it. Also, I believe this was already discussed at length when the original BBC episode aired some months back and was posted online.

·
Registered
148 Posts
But the car must have had some ST parts, right? The interior shot showed the gauge cluster on top of the instrument panel; and the wheel/tire package didn't look like your run of the mill focus. Also, the front brake calibers were painted red.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The gauges did't work. Essentially it was a body kit, wheels, and some glue-on pieces internally. "The Sweeny" got the cars last summer if I recall correctly, way before the prodiuction...ish ST was ready. That was back in the black/white camo stage

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
The gauges did't work. Essentially it was a body kit, wheels, and some glue-on pieces internally. "The Sweeny" got the cars last summer if I recall correctly, way before the prodiuction...ish ST was ready. That was back in the black/white camo stage
They built 6 of them. They got to be the same thing that Lisa and SVT was driving in their test out West. Which is a Focus SE with Wheels, Kit, engine...ect

·
Registered
222 Posts
They built 6 of them. They got to be the same thing that Lisa and SVT was driving in their test out West. Which is a Focus SE with Wheels, Kit, engine...ect
Clarkson actually goes out of the way to state that it only has the 1.6L ecoBoost and NOTHING close to a real ST. Remember, that episode of TG was filmed last summer and aired in January of this year in the UK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts