Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I happened to check the Ford X-Plan website today, and discovered this:

Ineligible.jpg

This is obviously the exact opposite of what I, and I think many others here who are X-Plan eligible, were hoping to find out. Does this mean that the Focus ST is going to be much more exclusive than we all thought?

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
I almost guarantee there will be a "market adjustment" fee on top of price. When I bought my mazdaspeed 3 the dealer tried to add on $1500, to which I told them to pound it. After a week went by they removed that fee and some others and I bought the car. I do hope this Car is a semi rarity at first. I guess only time will tell. I feel deep down in my loins we are getting close to ordering. Lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is definitely not a deal breaker, but it would have made the whole negotiating thing so much easier. Now instead of just slapping a dealer with X-Plan we'll have to negotiate to avoid those mark-ups.

Do you think that car rarity/exclusivity automatically involve extra money on top of invoice? The dealers will know that there aren't going to be many available and I'm guessing they'll go back to Econ 101 and increase price due to low supply.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
If you order it before it's out, will they still impose that "market adjustment" fee? I don't work for Ford so not having X-plan doesn't bother me...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
As most dealers don't even know what the ST is...I would imagine if you order early you might be able to get in under the radar ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I get Z plan. I wonder if they'll accept that. If not, thats the nail in the coffin for me. Thanks Ford for making me wait for nothing.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I hear Z-plan was usable on the SVT years back, so I would imagine they would allow it on the ST as well. Then again if the ST is in ridiculously high demand, they may not.

In case people were curious, my understanding of who each discount plan covers (and their "ranking"):
1. A plan is for current employees
2. Z plan is for retired employees
3. D plan is dealership employees
4. X plan is for "friends of Ford" or companies that have Ford partner agreements

http://www.cafordtrucks.com/fordadxzplans.htm

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
That is a huge disappointment. I was really expecting the car to be eligible. Depending on pricing, I may not be able to justify purchasing this car if it's out of my reach. X-plan would have made it much easier for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used to sell cars. Ford and its associated dealers will sell all of their cars at what the market dictates. I sold Chrysler/Plymouth. When the Voyager/Caravan (first mini-van) first came out people went crazy for it. We would have people call us to ask if we had one on the lot. When we did they would ask us to hold it until they could get there to look at it. We would tell them that in order to do that we had to take a $1000.00 non--refundable deposit via their credit card over the phone. People actually did it. A couple of years later we would sell them at or slightly below invoice. I bought a 2006 Mustang GT convertible when they first came out. At that time dealers were tacking on an additional $2500-4000 premium. I avoided that by ordering it and waiting. I did wind up getting about a $1000.00 in additional discounts that I qualified for. So, if the dealer has an opportunity to take advantage of the market they will. Patience and research (or a relationship with a dealer) will allow you to get the best price.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Well, with the bad, comes the good. For forum members who also recently graduated from college or are currently enrolled, there is a program called the "Ford College Student Purchase Program". It is $500 off any car, 11,12, or 13 model year.

Here is the link:

The Ford College Purchase Program | College Student Savings & Deals | Ford.com

I posted this because it is ineligible with X-Plan, so when I planned on using the X-Plan discount, I could not use this rebate. Well, that doesn't apply anymore since the ST is ineligible anyway.

Did anyone notice that the GT500 is ineligible now and last year it wasn't?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well, with the bad, comes the good. For forum members who also recently graduated from college or are currently enrolled, there is a program called the "Ford College Student Purchase Program". It is $500 off any car, 11,12, or 13 model year.

Here is the link:

The Ford College Purchase Program | College Student Savings & Deals | Ford.com

I posted this because it is ineligible with X-Plan, so when I planned on using the X-Plan discount, I could not use this rebate. Well, that doesn't apply anymore since the ST is ineligible anyway.

Did anyone notice that the GT500 is ineligible now and last year it wasn't?
I noticed that too. The ST better be A-plan eligible. lol

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
It's most likely ineligible because the profit margin is so small on the car. If they gave a large discount they would lose too much money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No idea. Its definitely been sluggish here and there the last few days. Sometimes its fine, sometimes it takes several minutes to load a page, other times it just times out and just fails to load.

Well...I guess this pretty much sums it up right here:
https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/pdf/IneligibleProducts.pdf

No A, X, or Z plans for the ST =(
This is pretty absurd... they offered the plans for the Focus SVT when it was released. I'm not sure why they should treat the ST any differently.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts