Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has looked into what insurance will be like on the ST, or of it really matters to anyone (insurance costs won't effect your decision to purchase one).

I am looking for a new provider so while I was calling around I figured I would ask.
Progressive will be adding the ST to their data base by next week and according to the Mercury girl, they won't have any info until August/September.

I would assume that the ST would fall between the GTI and WRX in coverage price, which I can live with.

Just wondering if anyone else has called around and if they found any dates when the ST will be in auto insurance data bases.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would imagine it would be the same as or slightly more than a GTI, and a bit less than a MazdaSpeed3 or WRX. It's all about vehicle HP, replacement part costs, safety features/ratings, etc. Sadly, these types of vehicles also tend to be a bit higher due to the type of driver they are generally designed and marketed toward (male, unmarried, mid 20s to early 30s). For some reason, insurance types think we are all crazy loons behind the wheel.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't know if anyone has looked into what insurance will be like on the ST, or of it really matters to anyone (insurance costs won't effect your decision to purchase one).

I am looking for a new provider so while I was calling around I figured I would ask.
Progressive will be adding the ST to their data base by next week and according to the Mercury girl, they won't have any info until August/September.

I would assume that the ST would fall between the GTI and WRX in coverage price, which I can live with.

Just wondering if anyone else has called around and if they found any dates when the ST will be in auto insurance data bases.
Three days ago. I did a comparison between a '12 focus and '12 mustang gt. I have an '06 gt. There was a $30 increase for the focus, and a $60 increase for the gt for a 6 month policy. I'm curious why a regular focus's premium is so high.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts