Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to alert folks that I was told that the Key West commercial will air on Monday, June 4, 2012 on G4's E3 coverage. I don't have the exact time(s) yet, but when I do I will post them. The commercial is also scheduled to air during X Games coverage and will be available online to view. Watch the Ford ST facebook page or Ford Social site for more info as well.

As an aside, a couple of us from the Key West group made it into the commercial itself (as part of the scenery), so look for a guy up in a tree (Dave) and a fat guy holding a camera over his head (me!).

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
It looks like they didn't use any of our footage, either... which was kinda expected for my footage, but I'm surprised some of the guys who brought nicer cameras/camcorders didn't get used. My footage looks like absolute crap; I can't even watch them!

·
Registered
148 Posts
It looks like they didn't use any of our footage, either... which was kinda expected for my footage, but I'm surprised some of the guys who brought nicer cameras/camcorders didn't get used. My footage looks like absolute crap; I can't even watch them!
Awesome; I Almost Shot That!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I had one good shot of a turn, but due to the damn wind reduction I was using, the sound wasn't too great.
I guess if any of our video was used, we'd know by now. I wasn't as interested in the money as I was being able to say "that's my shot in the ST commercial!".

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if they've contacted anyone about what footage they've used yet. I do know their highest priority has been to get the footage compiled, edit it all together, and get the commercial finished and prepared to air. When I talked to Team Detroit, it was clear that this was an unusually tight schedule for any commercial production, especially one that involved sorting through and choosing essential footage from what I'm sure was an enormous pool of material. With that in mind, it makes me wonder if they'll be following up with folks whose footage was used as soon as they can. I believe there was a release included when submitting the footage online, so it would not require contacting folks in advance of airing the commercial necessarily (though I'd like to think they would).

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had one good shot of a turn, but due to the damn wind reduction I was using, the sound wasn't too great.
I guess if any of our video was used, we'd know by now. I wasn't as interested in the money as I was being able to say "that's my shot in the ST commercial!".
I specifically asked about audio, and I know from experience with having recorded and edited audio for some similar types of projects, it will be necessary for them to compile audio from a lot of sources and overdub it in post, especially engine/exhaust noise, tire squeals, etc. It's unavoidable since they simply couldn't be everywhere they needed to be to get the kind of quality audio they really needed.

That said, I think we're making a big assumption that they will use raw audio as the primary audio component. I could see several possible creative choices that would make the raw audio from the event less consequential, especially if they dub in music cues and/or narration. And being a composer, I have some nifty ideas of how to completely forgo the use of all but some very very very essential audio moments and create a very affective and impactful experience.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know man... that Merc V8 was pretty raucous during shooting, but I suppose with the right mics they could've pulled it off.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Saw it on G4s E3 coverage during the 2nd commercial break. It looks like the whole thing was shot from the crowd, such a neat idea!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts