Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in June I went to my local Ford Dealership to test drive the ST. I only took it around the block but man did I fall in love with this car. While driving around the sales rep was talking to me about the prices and what not & I had mentioned I was already in a lease with them that was up in January. When he told me that "the ST is basically like the GT500 of its class so they dont offer a lease option on it... just in case you were wondering". After they tried to get me to get out of my lease early & I told them I'd be in touch I left.

ssst.jpg

Then after about a month I started to see the new 14' commercials and advertisements so I decided to pop onto ford.com just to see if they updated anything on the '14 and there you have it "2014 Ford Focus". Now according to Fords site, when you go to "build & price" the new 2014 Focus ST you have a lease option. Same if you try and build and price a 13'. I'm just curious if this is going to last or if its just a short term deal they are offering to try and promote the new 2014 ST. I'm hoping to get my ST in January when the lease on my Escape is up. I would love to own this car outright, it would give me the opportunity to put whichever mods I wanted on it but the lease option (if it sticks) is also kind of intriguing. Anybody else feel this way?

·
Registered
26 Posts
A lease through Ford Credit was unavailable when I purchased my ST in mid-May; however, my salesman was able to give me lease options through another bank. The lease payment wasn't significantly lower than 5-year financing though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See the reason leasing for me sounds most intriguing is become im only 22. Im still in school and work only part time so leasing vs financing makes it much easier for me to keep up with the payments. The only downside that I can think of is, I live in New York SO being that we can get some pretty chilly winters here ill need to buy a set of winter tires. If I was financing Id probably just try to sell the summers & buy a good high performance all season tire. Regardless of all that, I just want it to be January so I can have myself one of these beautiful works of art.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I was quoted a lease price back in January, it wasn't much lower than the buy option (and with the given equity you'd have in the car after 3 years the buy was in fact a better choice.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
See the reason leasing for me sounds most intriguing is become im only 22. Im still in school and work only part time so leasing vs financing makes it much easier for me to keep up with the payments.

I was just in your boat and financed a 2014 Fiesta ST. Im 21 a student, and also work part time. What I would say is look at the pros and cons of leasing vs. buying very close. For myself financing made more sense, I didn't have to worry about having a "set" mileage like leasing (in my current lease I went over). I could mod my car however I wanted (idk if that's a factor for you). Also if need be the market for selling an ST would be good in my opinion, given the nature of the car. Another thing I would add would be what others have touched on, leasing payment are only slightly lower than financing. For me I believe financing was only $90 more a month. Hopefully some of these things I used can help you get your FoST, let me know how it goes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts