Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, for anyone that has Fuel TV, Tanner Foust (!) will be featuring the ST on "Octane Academy," which is on tonight at 11pm on Fuel TV. I doubt there will be any additional information spilled, but hopefully we will get to hear that sweet, sweet exhaust.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh crap, sorry about that, it's actually on at 11pm (EST). I'll update the original post...

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Added the image for you

Yeah, I don't think I get that channel. Maybe someone could YouTube the Focus ST part. Private sharing of course so its not illegal.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang, I wish I had a tivo... Sorry, I really don't have a way to record it, besides the good ol' VCR.

For DirecTV subscribers, Fuel is channel 618

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So apparently it's some sort of motocross reality show... Idk, but there hasn't been anything mentioning the ST thus far. I have a feeling we may be disappointed...

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Sorry guys, I got that straight from the ST Facebook page, so I assumed it would be correct... Maybe they meant it would be featured on a future episode? Dunno, but I don't think I'm going to keep watching to find out...

·
Registered
92 Posts
The ST page is essentially worthless. As I've said before, Ford doesn't get social media.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Screw the facebook!! The show was a complete waste of space and time. Thanks anyways for info, lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
OMG!!!! They are giving away free virtual ST badges! Wow, and to think I said Ford has no clue about social media. I mean, who in their right mind would want new info on the car they've been waiting 1 1/2 years for when they can have a badge that says ST?

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I want one!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OMG!!!! They are giving away free virtual ST badges!
HUGE DEVELOPMENT! :S

Seriously, car companies need to stay away from social networking... not just Ford. Let's see... Honda, with the hilarious Crosstour reception, Chrysler with the still-going "mommy-blog" contest catastrophe. I'm sure GMs had its share of problems, too.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I think its a mistake NOT to be engaged in social media. A lot of their customers no longer watch as much TV as they used to. Besides, a direct interaction with consumers provides great feed-back, and feel of consumer attitude.

I also believe the Ford ST FB page is going to drive Ford's decision on whether or not to bring a Fiesta ST to NA. Just saying...

Whether or not they SM (social media) properly is another story. Instead of giving us snippets of information on the Ford ST page, I would agree with just releasing something on their official website.

I am sure a lot of what the Ford ST Facebook page is has to do with hype. And another aspect has to do with having a "official" place for their ST brand. However I do enjoy reading Lisa responding to her potential customers.

I think its great...but I am a advertising guy...

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I agree, social media is incredibly important, especially when you're aiming for a younger demographic, like I'd imagine the Ford ST page is. What I'm trying to say is how they're really screwing it up. Poor Lisa answers the same questions with the same answers every day, and I kinda feel like Ford threw her under the bus. Ford needs to use that page to at least give out minor weekly details, or maybe new pics or something to keep us interested. Trying to keep people interested with "badges" isn't going to do any good. I just don't think it should exist, unless Ford really wanted to commit to it...

BTW, I come from a family in advertising too, my father was a creative director for a very large advertising firm for 30 years, so I've been surrounded by it all my life. Lets just say you've seen his work quite a few times if you watch tv a lot, haha...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts