Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fell in love those those rims on the Focus ST-R. I think when I get the focus ST, I will put 18's or 19's on. Providing they fit.

focus-str-rims.jpg

Tire Rack Has them:
BBS CF Machined w/Anthracite Accent

Reactions: jackamick

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If they fit, I also plan to get these wheels for my ST. Since they fit the ST-R, I suspect they will fit the ST, but you never know.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Seems the CF is available in these sizes only...

Available Sizes: 17x7.5 | 18x8 | 19x8.5
Bolt Patterns: 5x120 | 5x112 | 5x114.3 | 5x110 | 5x108 | 5x100

Anyone have the exact specs for the ST? I think they are 18x8.5. No idea on the bolt pattern or offset.

These wheels are already very expensive, so not sure I will get them if I also have to buy new tires, but maybe.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Based on some research, it appears fine to mount the ST standard 235/40R18 tires on 18x8 wheels like the BBS CF. However, I'm still not sure about the offset or bolt pattern but I suspect the bolt pattern will be 5-108. My plan is to move the TPMS sensors to the new wheels, and sell the stock ST wheels on e-bay.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Based on this post...

Wheel Specs (from timo)

...it appears the specs for the ST wheels are the same as the Titanium Handling Package...

18 x 8.0
55 mm offset
backspacing = 169.5 mm / 6.673 in
63 mm center bore
tire pressure = 36psi

The 55mm offset seems a little bit above average for an 8" wheel, so that might limit choices since I want to stay as close to stock specs as possible.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
They are very nice but, 1,500 for a set of wheels is steep!

Reactions: sk8parker94

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
They are a little expensive (TireRack has them for less than $300/ea), but within my budget. I'm also hoping that the slightly higher price means fewer people will get them, and thus make my ride a little more unique looking.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They are very nice but, 1,500 for a set of wheels is steep!
I think that's pretty cheap for BBS wheels. I'm wondering if they are forged, they are 1500 for the set I'd say they aren't.

I think they look okay, but I'm a mesh wheel lover. RGR's or RE's for me.

·
4,009 Posts
Maybe a group buy could knock the price down a bit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They are a little expensive (TireRack has them for less than $300/ea), but within my budget. I'm also hoping that the slightly higher price means fewer people will get them, and thus make my ride a little more unique looking.
Are you sure about that? Vivid Racing is selling them at $355.00 for 18x8 with 5x108 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I'm sure. Just re-checked the Tirerack website to be sure. I'm going with 17x7.5 @ $295 with 215/50R17 tires, but they also have 18x8.0 @ $380 if you want to keep the stock 235/40R18 tires. If someone knows a reputable U.S. vendor that has them for less please let me know.

·
4,009 Posts
That's sounding more reasonable!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm thinking of the TSW Nurburgring wheel in Bronze. The bronze should look better with the yellow. It's rotary forged (expensive) but at least it is available in 18X8.5 at $320 from CarId.com. It will be about $150 for 4 TPS and re-setter (the same package for mustangs should work). I don't know if the bolt pattern and offset are correct. Perhaps they machine the bolt pattern and offset when you order. Like the others where saying, get them as a group for a discount?

I'm thinking that I will get winter tires put on the original wheels late this fall, and order the new rims for the spring.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
I think that's pretty cheap for BBS wheels. I'm wondering if they are forged, they are 1500 for the set I'd say they aren't.

I think they look okay, but I'm a mesh wheel lover. RGR's or RE's for me.
$50,000 is cheap for a BMW M3, too.
Hey I'm looking at a car that very few people would pay $30K for.
So 5% of purchase price for wheels brings out the CPA in me.
If I can get a decent about for the stockers I'm gonna do it.

It's amazing how good my eye is. If I like something it turns out to be more that I thought.:O:
Have you started with the "How short am I" jokes yet?

Reactions: Turbo49er

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I still love the BBS CF wheels, but I ordered a set of Pro Race 1.2s instead. They are about the same weight and look just as good, at least to me they do. I went with -1 sizing (17x8 wheels with 235/45R17 tires) to get a slightly more comfortable ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts