Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I haven't read or seen anything about this and forgive me for sounding ignorant but are the driving/fog lights also in bright HID contrast as the headlights or are they going to be halogen? This will be my first car with HID (I have Xenon bulbs in my Titanium now which don't look nearly as bright or clear as what's on say a Caddy) so I'm unfamiliar with how they will be in the fog lights. Any ideas? I've seen so many vids on this car and a few have been at night which show very bright lights but just haven't heard anything official about it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
In the key west commercial they looked halogen. New mustang GTs have LED fog/driving lights and they look great. Ill probably change bulbs in mine to something more white like the HIDs

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah me too if that's the case, just dont like the yellow look to those halogen bulbs. I dont know why i see so many people not using their fog lights, it looks so much better with em on. Cant wait for those led brows!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah me too if that's the case, just dont like the yellow look to those halogen bulbs. I dont know why i see so many people not using their fog lights, it looks so much better with em on. Cant wait for those led brows!
If my headlights are on, my fog/driving lights are on. Looks better, and hey, more light!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I've seen so far they (the brows) don't look as bright as the Audi cars so I hope they stand out nicely. But I gotta have bright fogs.

·
Registered
440 Posts
OOOOOO... I wonder if the LED's in the brows could be removed somehow and replaced with brighter ones?
I highly doubt you will be able to, as for one Ford uses some kind of incredibly strong glue to hold their headlight housings together so that they will deform while baking them before you get even close to loosening up the glue on the housing. The LED's will also most likely be on a circuit board so you will have to be very skilled at reflow soldering in order to remove and replace the LED chips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts