Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HSince I strongly suspect that many folks will soon be recieving thier ST VIN #s. For those that don't already know how, I will give a quick guide for how to track your vehicle. I've done this with the last 2 cars I've recieved from Ford and its a nice chance to help quell the impatience.

For starters, you need a VIN from your Dealer.
When you place your order you will recieve a DORA which is an order confirmation. This is not your VIN.
The tracking number for the go pro wont help either, someone with the right access needs to look it up for you.

Once they provide you with a VIN you can go here:
FordEtis home page
Click "Vehicle"
Type in your VIN.

You can also get some more information here:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp

To interpret what the codes mean, try this useful thread.
http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-order-tracking/1251-order-status-codes.html

The best part is that once it has hit the build date you can also get your window sticker, which held me over for some time.

An example would be...
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP3L97DL123264&refid=FV
By the way, that's actually the VIN for a PB ST2.

To see your own window sticker.
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP3L97DL123264&refid=FV

Take that link and replace the VIN number with your own VIN number.

If anyone wants to add to this let me know and I'll modify the original post.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
^^^ Thanks for sharing that Silvertoy

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Great information. I stuck this thread so that anyone can see it. I'm sure a lot of people on this site would give you a giant hug. :ST:

Curious though, where is the rumor coming from that VINs will be provided tomorrow? Try to keep the posts to a minimum so we don't clog up the thread. I'm trying not to thread jack here...:D

Reactions: oaxa

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
E-HUG. GREAT INFO.

On the go via Tapatalk

·
4,009 Posts
Indeed. My dealer has been on top of things. Hope to get that call tomorrow. If I do, I'll be sure to report it.

Once we have it we can obtain the build date and then the anxiety can really build!

·
Registered
862 Posts
So are we talking just ST1/ST2 pre-orders? Ordered the first week of May and am wondering if they will be producing cars in order, or completely random.

·
Registered
22 Posts
To those expecting to receive a VIN tomorrow: How much has your dealership communicated with you about the VIN or about a probable delivery timeframe? I've only traded two emails with my salesperson since my order date of 6/15, and I doubt getting my VIN is really a priority for them. My car is gonna get here when it gets here, right? I don't want to get de-prioritized just 'cause I'm not whining enough!

·
4,009 Posts
It will get here when it gets here but it doesn't hurt to remind them that you are eager to hear updates. I've called and emailed a couple times this week so that they were aware that the numbers may be there. If you don't know to look, why would you look.

My salesman and sales manager are great!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Mine as well. I have had a great relationship with Matt from Warren Ford here in Upstate NY. He has actually been calling me every week or so, saying he still has no VIN, but will call me as soon as he gets it. I'm in a small town, so I see the guy at the gas station and places around town all the time............"Hey Matt, you got that VIN yet?"

·
Registered
93 Posts
My salesperson has been very responsive when I call, but hasn't been very good at returning calls or e-mails. However, the marketing dept at Ford HQ has been understanding and willing to look up order status when I call.

Edit: I should add that I don't really blame the salesperson, I'm an X-Plan customer using outside financing, so I know I don't represent a huge chunk of change for him and/or the dealership. So long as they follow my instructions once the car is in, all will be well.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
My salesperson has been very responsive when I call, but hasn't been very good at returning calls or e-mails. However, the marketing dept at Ford HQ has been understanding and willing to look up order status when I call.

Edit: I should add that I don't really blame the salesperson, I'm an X-Plan customer using outside financing, so I know I don't represent a huge chunk of change for him and/or the dealership. So long as they follow my instructions once the car is in, all will be well.

What instructions would those be?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Call me pessimistic, but I doubt vins will be out today. Still, this is great info to have for whenever we finally do get our vins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
What instructions would those be?
I'll say them in a nicer fashion than this list here, but this is the general idea:

1. Do not wash the vehicle.
2. Do not use the vehicle for test or staff drives. The only time the vehicle should be driven is off of the truck, to inspection, to fill the tank, to a parking spot, then out to me. I expect single digits on the odometer.
3. Do not place any stickers, decals, badges, or any other accouterments or accessories on the vehicle that were not installed at the factory unless specifically ordered by me.
4. Do call, text, e-mail or otherwise get in touch with me when it arrives with an ETA to when it is ready to be picked up. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.
5. Do fill the tank with premium, not regular or mid-grade, gasoline from Shell or Chevron or another top-tier certified company. (My understanding is that the car is picked up with a full tank, if that's not the case, no big deal)

I don't think I missed anything there, advice is welcomed of course.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts