Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone verified that the Focus ST will qualify for this program? My dealer is still unsure and I never received an email back from Ford when I inquired. I assume that if it qualifies for X-Plan and a Military rebate, that it will also qualify for this program.

Program Details: Ford Drives U

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Ford allows you to combine incentives unless it is clearly stated that it is an either or situation

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ford allows you to combine incentives unless it is clearly stated that it is an either or situation
At this point I am not using X-Plan, although I do have access to it. The College program is not eligible to be used with X-Plan. If the College program is ST eligible, then I will get a better deal than using just X-Plan.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Has anyone verified that the Focus ST will qualify for this program? My dealer is still unsure and I never received an email back from Ford when I inquired. I assume that if it qualifies for X-Plan and a Military rebate, that it will also qualify for this program.

Program Details: Ford Drives U
The ST does not qualify for the Military Appreciation Rebate. It was recently added it to the list of Excluded Vehicles. I have an email from May that says the ST was eligible, but obviously that person did not have the future info.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think the ST would be eligible:
All new 11/12/13 MY Ford Car, SUV and Truck through F-550
All new 11/12/13 MY Lincoln vehicles
Final pay units are not eligible/rule of 5/non-transferable within household
Hybrids are eligible, all other standard exclusions apply
See your dealer for a complete list of eligible vehicles
The Ford College Purchase Program | Program Rules |Ford.com

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seen that. It should be, however, is it on the in-eligible list. That's the question.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Seen that. It should be, however, is it on the in-eligible list. That's the question.
When you sign-up you receive an email with this list of ineligible vehicles:

INELIGIBLE VEHICLES

Ford GT
Shelby GT 500 Mustang
Harley-Davidson™ package
F-650/750 & LCF
Vehicles purchased/leased under A, X, Z and D Plans
Rental service units
All vehicles originally ordered by or shipped to Ford of Canada Dealers or those produced for export
Fleet units
Units acquired at an auction
Vehicles sold/leased for Driver Education purposes
Program vehicles
Final paid vehicles
Mercury vehicles
FRCS/LMRS units
So I would say yes, the Focus ST is eligible.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the CPP just a $500 cash-back offer? If so I don't see how it's better then an X-plan
It's a rebate off the price the car. I negotiated the price of the car down to a point that if the rebate is applied will be a little better than x-plan.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
At this point I am not using X-Plan, although I do have access to it. The College program is not eligible to be used with X-Plan. If the College program is ST eligible, then I will get a better deal than using just X-Plan.

Its nice you negotiated such a good deal, but someone else may not and therefore x-plan might be a better deal.

I used the college rebate when buying my Fiesta. Becuase it got the price lower than with x-plan. So same as you.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wanted to bump this post.

Yesterday, I received an email from my salesman which stated that the 2013 Ford Focus ST is INELIGIBLE for the Ford College Student Rebate program. Very disappointed. Now, as the reluctant consumer I am, I called Ford Marketing. After speaking on the phone with the representative, I got clarification that the ST does not qualify for the $500 rebate. After that bomb dropped, I had a very nice conversation with the lady assisting me and I expressed my disappointment in Ford. She told me that she will be sending my concerns to someone within the company and that incentives often do change. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED right now.

I was not aware on May 5th that X-plan was available for the car and already negotiated a price that is roughly $500 more than X-plan. That rebate was to make it within the same price point. Now, I may be out of luck. If anyone wanted to use this rebate, then I am sorry to tell you that it can not be applied. If you don't believe me, and I am sure you won't, just as I didn't believe my dealer, please call the Ford Marketing hotline @ 1-800-334-4375 and voice your frustrations.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I was not aware on May 5th that X-plan was available for the car and already negotiated a price that is roughly $500 more than X-plan. That rebate was to make it within the same price point.1-800-334-4375 and voice your frustrations.
First of all, that is BS. Some people plan their purchase decisions around rebates. You can't take those away at random times.

Second, I too did the same in regards to price. I got my dealer to switch to X-plan though once it became avail. Your dealer should at least do the same for you, especially since you were anticipating that rebate.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, I tried to use this offer when I picked up my vehicle when I was informed it was ineligible. They were confused because they couldn't find any information stating that the car was ineligible. I can't complain seeing that I got my car for $100 under invoice, but it still was a little dissapointing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just talked to a dealer and they said they same thing, the college rebate program doesn't apply. I talked to the ford marketing team as well and while the car isn't explicitly ineligible, most special vehicles are not eligible for the program. Kind of bummed cause I don't have X-plan access and now, I don't even have my college graduate program rebate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts