Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a neat computer generate video of the Focus ST's New steering system.

Reactions: Oroxil

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Great system, only Turning radius is not good. Not with 18"s @ least. A 2-lane U-turn ends up being a 3Pt turn.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree, turning radius is pretty bad... however at speed it really has the best turn in and steering feel I've ever experienced in a front wheel drive car... pretty amazing how natural the car is... my only gripe so far is that the electronic "diff" has a hard time shifting enough power to the outside wheel when coming out of corners... I mean its great as far as fake diffs go.. but I really think this baby should have a mechanical diff, would make quite a difference in my opinion.

Still its pretty amazing how well you can steer the car with the throttle, a slight lift off mid corner really tucks the front end right in..

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only thing that would make it better is if it had more feedback in the wheel. Feels numb compared to other sporty hatchbacks of the past.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Awesome video, I did some testing of this on some of the tight on ramps here. Wow, what a difference it makes - not having to turn the wheel so much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts