Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
Today does it. With the launch of the ST being so badly botched, and Jost jumping ship, I have officially left the ST bandwagon.

I was genuinely excited to trade in my titanium, eat a fistful of depreciation, and drive away in an ST next Spring (yeah, I wasn't even looking to be a launch day order!) The ST just no longer appeals. Its persistent delays are disheartening, its launch/lack thereof, and Lisa's lack of ANY pertinent knowledge concisely let me know that Ford does not consider the ST a priority. To top this off, the man who has made all Ford performance vehicles great for the past 11 years (read - when they all got a hell of allot better), Jost Capito, is leaving to go to VW.

I will still hang around here, and look forward to any parts that trickle down as performance options for my Titanium, but that is as close as I will get to an ST.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I understand your opinion, but think about what you're saying. You won't buy a car because you don't have all of its launch information a full year before you had planned to buy it? The car is on schedule to be released in "late 2012" and so far it's meeting that target. If you were waiting for magic on April 2, I'm sorry ... no one at Ford ever said there would be any information today. In fact, Lisa basically even said last week that there would be no big reveal today.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not the lack of information, its the delays. Delays mean something did not go right, or at the least, someone did not care enough, and our delays are plenty.

On the topic of Lisa - You can read my other posts, but to summarize I am not impressed with the "job" she is doing.

Jost - I applaud the man for [hopefully] staying on until the production spec was finalized, but without that man there to oversee it to fruition, I do not have faith that it will be a well executed vehicle.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I feel your frustration. I have been waiting for more information on this car since September of 2010. I am currently driving a Mercury Mystique that is practically falling apart around me. Basically, all I wanted to know was if the ST was within my budget. Still, we have no answer. However, I am willing to wait it out until I no longer can.

techocr4t is correct. I actually just had this exact conversation with my girlfriend. Ford never once said the car would be available at the end of 2011 or spring 2012. That was all speculation by the car magazines (Motortrend and Car and Driver). However, at one point, Ford's own website did say "*Coming Summer 2012". When Ford updated the website and made a stand-alone ST page, it said "Coming Late 2012". I was extremely disappointed by that, as I was expecting the car to come in the spring/summer. I believe what is frustrating most people is that the car was shown in near production form in Sept. 2010 and it'll be almost 2 years before it'll be on dealer lots. But, look at the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ. How long have they been dragging that out for? A lot longer.

Also, Lisa did say that all of the details would be available for spring order banks. Because people had found the 2012/2013 production schedule and posted it online, it was noted that April 2nd was the opening of order banks for the 2013 Focus. We all assumed the ST would be within that group, however, it was not. The spring order bank for the ST must be at a later date. I do not think she would go around lying. It's not in her best interest, and it's not in Ford's best interest.

We'll keep everyone updated when we get some more information at the NYIAS on wednesday.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I man do I hope ford is reading these posts. Maybe they should. If they want a car to succeed they would make a deadline and stick to it and also dare I say throw a bone to the people who are interested. We are not asking for much......just a little reach around wood get me going. This car better have some nice ass features to stick above the competition or im sure many like me who have changed their thoughts on domestic cars might reconsider the cars over the pond.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I don't work for ford. So I say this as me, a consumer. Just wait. We all guessed on the production schedule. We believed in it because we needed something to believe in. I know you are all super disappointed, but to be honest I never really believed that we would see order info on the second. We expect ford to follow their protocol with this car. But obviously they are not with this car. How terrible can it be to drive around in a fully loaded focus? Lol. We have to believe that spring means spring. Its a fact that there are two more months left in spring. Techincally. :)One more fact, Ford did not ever say April 2nd. I was thinking that new York auto show would be the tell all. But that was wrong. Sometimes we try to find logic in dismay. Maybe there is nothing logical about the release date. Instead it will a arbitrary time that does not logically line up with any auto show or event. I hope these words help.Chad

·
Registered
22 Posts
There's still hope

Aren't the official 'Press Days' for the NYIAS being held on the 4th & 5th? Wouldn't any extra info on the ST that Ford was willing to make public be released then? Just a thought:?:

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
One would think that the ST Team would be there if that was going to happen. We'll see

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Nah, the Chinese market may not be the right launching point. Lol :) anything can happen

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nah, the Chinese market may not be the right launching point. Lol :) anything can happen
Nevermind me...I'm just fustrated. We've just been through this with the EcoBoost Falcon here in Australia. First it was supposed to ready in time for Falcon FG Mk2 in October last year, then it was January 2012, then April - finally its official; it will be on sale from 1st of May!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Kübler-Ross model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The stages, popularly known by the acronym DABDA, include:[2]
Denial — "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me."
Denial is usually only a temporary defense for the individual. This feeling is generally replaced with heightened awareness of possessions and individuals that will be left behind after death. Denial can be conscious or unconscious refusal to accept facts, information, or the reality of the situation. Denial is a defense mechanism and some people can become locked in this stage.
Anger — "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"
Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy.
Bargaining — "I'll do anything for a few more years."; "I will give my life savings if..."
The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow postpone or delay death. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the individual is saying, "I understand I will die, but if I could just do something to buy more time..."
Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point... What's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the dying person begins to understand the certainty of death. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and grieving. This process allows the dying person to disconnect from things of love and affection. It is not recommended to attempt to cheer up an individual who is in this stage. It is an important time for grieving that must be processed.
Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, individuals begin to come to terms with their mortality, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event.
It's going to be okay.

It's going to be okay.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I'll do anything for a few less months, I understand that Ford won't release information but if only I could do something to get them to say something. I'm so alone without the ST. I cry myself to sleep over it..... It's going to be okay.

·
Registered
547 Posts
We started running some ST test models on the line over the last couple weeks or so. Ford is more concerned about launching the BEV models and cmax then the ST. There's nothing wrong with the ST as far as problems go. I plan on driving one this or next week. I sat in a black one last week and fell in love with those recaro seats. I wanted to drive it then, but could'nt find my buddy who had the key fob. Everyone should just hold on to their britches. A lot of transformation is going on at MAP right now. Hope some of this helps anyway.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The way I see it, it's like this. Every guy has known some hot girl that he's wanted to nail. She's kind of interested, but doesn't let you get in her panties. She leads you on for a while until you start to lose interest and realize you can get some tail elsewhere. If she decides to come around, cool. If not, I'm still getting some and not worry about her. You can only lead someone on so long before they lose interest. That's how I feel about the ST now. And given the price of a fully loaded Titanium, I can't help but feel Ford will let us down on pricing.

·
Registered
549 Posts
We started running some ST test models on the line over the last couple weeks or so. Ford is more concerned about launching the BEV models and cmax then the ST. There's nothing wrong with the ST as far as problems go.
Inside information?? I like it. Keep it coming. It might keep some people's frayed nerves from snapping after years of waiting...including me, ha ha.

·
Registered
693 Posts
By the time the damn thing becomes availiable it will need and update or facelift. So I think they should just cancel and start over. For :xxx: sake this waiting is getting really old. I love the car but come on!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
By the time the damn thing becomes availiable it will need and update or facelift. So I think they should just cancel and start over. For :xxx: sake this waiting is getting really old. I love the car but come on!!
I know how you feel. The ST is just not a high priority for Ford. The Focus electric is probably a higher priority, regular Focus sales are really doing well now, the new Explorer is making a ton of money for the company. The new cargo van is coming, heck I saw a Taurus SHO commercial on TV this week! This all leads me to believe the ST is low car on the priority list.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well, they told us last night in a meeting that we plan building 7500 ST's this year. So, I'm guessing it will be sooner then later.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts