Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
For the picture issue, I think that's more to do with the fact that a production model doesn't exist yet. And I would imagine the website will be updated more once the ST is on the lot. Ford has to be realistic, the ST is a very low volume model that will sell itself - casual buyers probably won't be the ones ordering a $26-$30k Focus. Having the fuel-efficient models on the home page will do much more for their bottom line. I think maybe you are being unnecessarily pessimistic here.
Not to mention all that page real estate being taken up by the raptor and boss 302, it's no wonder it's not the first thing you see on the ford website.

for clarity: this post contains sarcasm

·
Registered
110 Posts
Unfortunately, still yes. I played around with the configurator, and although it was finally nice to do so, it contained no new information and all the pictures in it were rendered, not taken from real cars.
Oh, you mean like every other manufacturer's configurator?

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
No one is going to tell you what to do criag, but it seems to me you should give it a second chance. Maybe you wont need X-plan if you can get enough dealers to compete against one another on price.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It definitely sucks that it doesn't fall under X-plan, but don't you think it's a bit unrealistic to expect for it to? The ST is not included because it's a very low volume car, and Ford doesn't sell enough of them to be able to make the profit they want while charging X-plan prices. It's the same reason that cars like the Shelby Mustang and the Focus S are not included - the margin/volume is very low already. I bet your dealer would work with you later on, though. Surely there will be incentives, just as there are with every other Ford.
Ford intends to make about 7500 ST's for 2013. Ford only made about 12,000 SVT's over 3 years and allowed A plan on it. Recent GT500's were A plan eligible. Considering the ST is based on a high volume car and is using an engine that is/will be in the explorer, fusion, Taurus, escape, and edge, I don't think it's too much to ask. The base price isn't all that bad. It's the options that really screw the consumer. $895 for navigation??? $800 for a moonroof??? That's just price gouging. My problem is that the ST3 costs $32k after tax and title and you still have to spend another $1500-2000 for tires and rims if you live in a cold weather climate. Not too smart on Ford's part to not at least offer all weather tires as an option. Especially given that the car is released close to fall/winter.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ford intends to make about 7500 ST's for 2013. Ford only made about 12,000 SVT's over 3 years and allowed A plan on it. Recent GT500's were A plan eligible. Considering the ST is based on a high volume car and is using an engine that is/will be in the explorer, fusion, Taurus, escape, and edge, I don't think it's too much to ask. The base price isn't all that bad. It's the options that really screw the consumer. $895 for navigation??? $800 for a moonroof??? That's just price gouging. My problem is that the ST3 costs $32k after tax and title and you still have to spend another $1500-2000 for tires and rims if you live in a cold weather climate. Not too smart on Ford's part to not at least offer all weather tires as an option. Especially given that the car is released close to fall/winter.
EXACTLY! I have a feeling Lisa never thought of these things. I understand no x-plan, but us employees that build these cars should be able to recieve our incentive on all Ford n lincoln vehicles.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I actually think I'm fortunate that I can't order one now even if I was all in. I didn't wait on my Titanium and it cost me, I didnt realize that the fuel economy was not as advertised and that MFT is a freaking nightmare. To top it off they lowered the price and added some rebates after i got it as well.

Hopefully by next spring the price will have been lowered a few hundred dollars, the initial WTF?!?!? problems would have been resolved, and MFT will have another update. That also gives me time to save a nice bit of money as well.

But in a strictly hypothetical sense, If I could, I would order an ST3 in Black if the dealer could do $27k before taxes. With this the dealer still makes about $2k outright plus the doc fee. Also, $500 of the discount off MSRP is a Ford rebate that the dealership gets from Ford anyway, so they end up making about $2,750...not bad considering I'm giving them repeat business.

I might inquire when I go in today to pick up my Titanium with its new (2nd) auto transmission...which Ford still doesnt know how to make.

I still maintain, that if I can find a used one next spring/summer, I will jump all over it.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts