Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my 2014 FoST 202A package. Now I am debating the Ford Extended Warranty.

Did you get it? If so, which one, and how much?

I plan on keeping car 7+ years, and I drive avg of 15k miles / year.

I am offered this by ford finance guy:

5yr / 75k miles : $930
6yr / 100k miles : $1225

What say you?

I need to decide today. My options is to go with USAA home grown warranty at about 25% less, but it is hard to compare apples-to-apples.

Thanks!

Tim

****** UPDATE ********

Here was what was offered: (ded = deductible)

5yr/75k with $200 ded for $820
5yr/75k with $100 ded for $930
6yr/100k with $200 ded for $1085
6yr/100k with $100 ded for $1225
6yr/100k with $0 ded for $1680

I ended up going with 6yr/100k with $100 deductible for $1225.

Also, for the record, I paid $25,500 + TTL for White 2014 FoST ST3 with Moonroof and full tank of gas.

Hope that helps anyone else looking into this. Thanks for the feedback! Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
131 Posts
do it. I did. 6yr 140'00km. don't even remember what I paid. But I got 0% financing, ford employee pricing, 1000 more for my trade than I was hoping for, so wasn't to concerned, But piece of mind is worth a few 1000$ to me.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I ended up rolling the dice - I had one on my SVT and it only ever had any (so far limited) problems after that extended warranty expired. So it never paid off for me. I decided I'd just take the risk with the ST, although, granted, on a much more sophisticated car with more expensive things to break. So lets hope the ST is as reliable as my SVT.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have to add, When I bought mu 09' F150 FX4 S/C I was debating , due to the fact is was double what your looking at. It paid for itself many times over, with the back-up camera problems, 4x4 problems, heated seats, fuses, ( I did love the truck!!) and A few other things
I was glad I paid up-front .

·
Registered
72 Posts
My Contour SVT extended warranty paid for itself. I blew up the transmission case at the differential, Warranty covered it, And the cost of that alone was 110% of the warranty cost. then I also got a rebuilt alternator out of it.
I wished I had gone for longer time, and more miles on it for the SVT.
With all the toys, the turbo, 8" screen, auto climate control.. all those other gadgets... I want the longest i can buy, with $0 deduct.

·
Registered
354 Posts
In 40 years of buying new cars I have never had a failure that made me wish I had an extended warranty. Also, I typically keep my cars for 7-10 years and put 200,000+ miles on them.

Just keep in mind that extended warranties are huge money makers for those that sell them because they cover the vehicle during the time the car is statistically least likely to fail.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Although still under factory warranty, looks as if my transmission will need replacing. Would hate to foot the bill for that one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts