Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not, the full-size pickup trucks that dominate the North American market don't find much favor in other corners of the globe. Elsewhere, powerful mid-sized trucks rule the work site, and the judges behind the 2013 International Pick-Up Award are cognizant of that. They awarded the 2013 Ford Ranger the honor with a unanimous vote. The truck earned praise for its on-road manners and off-road prowess, as well as its towing and payload capacities.

Judges evaluated entries at the Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire, and the Ranger managed to take home more points than the next two finishers combined. The Isuzu D-Max took the silver, leaving bronze to the Volkswagen Amarok. So far this year, Ford has won three international awards, including Van of the Year for its Transit Custom and Engine of the Year for the 1.0-liter Ecoboost.

click /press release: autoblog.com/2012/11/11/ford-ranger-unanimous-pick-for-international-pick-up-2013-award/

ford ranger gallery: autoblog.com/photos/2011-ford-ranger/#photo

...:cool:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Too bad they stopped making it in the US (which I don't get).

I have owned two Rangers and both were fantastic, it's great to see it at the top! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 2003 Ranger Sport is the best vehicle I've ever owned.
250K miles and still going strong.
I special ordered mine with manual tranny and sport seats, it still looks and drives like new.
Nothing out there to replace it with, so I am going to semi retire it and buy an ST to become my DD.
If Ford brought the new global Ranger to the US I would definitely consider it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's obvious that many of us loved the Ford Ranger, but since so many more people were getting the F-150 the company pulled it from manufacturing after 2011. It has, however, been missed and there is a real need for smaller trucks. According from: Ford compact pickup, a brand new Ford compact pickup is being mulled over but the business has to be able to make money on it before selling it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My first truck ever was a 1991 mazda b4000 with manual transmission and a 4.0 v6 (which is mazda version of the ranger) I loved it so much and it served me well all through high school and even after until my wife got pregnant and I traded it for a ford escape. I still miss it to this day and wish I could have had the finances at the time to keep it. If ford offered a ranger here in the US my fusion would be at the dealer tomorrow getting appraised for a trade in. Only a dream though, sadly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts