Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else notice that they took down all the wall posts down on the ST page? All that is left are posts by ST.

What does this mean? Is there a looming announcement? Can they not handle the mildly negative posts? (IE: the multiple delays, Jost leaving, people posting they bought other cars because they are tired of waiting, the dry weather only tires, etc.) Or did they finally realize how lame it really was with the lack of detailed answers?

My guess is a combination of all of the above.

April 2nd is Monday. But you may not be able to preorder then. It depends if the order bank only allows fleet orders originally. I hope Ford doesn't make the ST a Job 2 priority.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I called my dealer and the guy said ordering may not be availiable till June or July. He said details are very sketchy about the release or ordering. Im getting sick of waiting that's for sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, like I've said before. By the time the car arrives on dealer lots, it'll have been 2 years since the car was announced. And that's if it isn't delayed yet again.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I dont have FB. Keep us posted as to what pops up, if anything please.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I called my dealer and the guy said ordering may not be availiable till June or July. He said details are very sketchy about the release or ordering. Im getting sick of waiting that's for sure.
My dealer experience has been similar. Last summer, he told me November/December 2011 and just this past week he told me it would be within a few days.
However, as I mentioned in a previous post, I believe based on the Ford Production schedule, that the car will be available for order on June 6th, which would be in line with a normal 12-16 week order to delivery for most cars.
However, The 2012 Ford Focus was not available for purchase on lots until April 2011, it was available for Pre-Order in December of 2010. That's a 5 month lead time. Based on that, it could become available for pre-order soon.

The FB page did say that "dealers would not be quite ready for order on April 2nd". That is straight from the Ford ST Brand Manager.

·
Registered
15 Posts
All the posts are still there. It's just Facebook Timeline.

If you go to the top and on the right, there is a box that says "recent posts by others"

This is where all the non Ford ST posts live.

Yes, facebook is now designed by blind monkeys. Horrible horrible. They need hire some good graphic designers fast. Timeline is horrible. It should be one row, and linear in time....like what we use to have.

Anyhoo, nothing to see here...just facebook fail.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
The FB page did say that "dealers would not be quite ready for order on April 2nd". That is straight from the Ford ST Brand Manager.
Where did you see that? I follow that page like a hawk and I've never seen her release any kind of information like that

:edit:
Never mind, I found it.... that's depressing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts