Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Would you be interested in an annual meet?

• Yes

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Yes and Volunteer with planning

Votes: 5 18.5%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello FordSTNation,

Since we are now all very close to owning our own brand new Ford Focus ST, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to gather thoughts, ideas, and general information on the possibility of putting together a FordSTNation meet.

I've personally been to a few meets from other forums and they have been a blast. Typically, the planning starts about a year in advance with ideas for the meet submitted by forum members. Members that are interested in planning the meet volunteer their time and patience to get all of the details down. Usually, an area of the country is chosen, and it builds from there. I realize none of us actually have ST's yet, but we will. If we can start something now, then maybe next Spring we can have a large gathering of ST owner's.

A scenic car cruise, car show, large dinner, and track day at the gathering would be great. In my area of the country there are a few good tracks that have open track days (Lime Rock, NHMS). I'm sure there are more that I am not aware of. The gathering would most likely take place from Thursday to Sunday and be packed full of things to do.

Please submit any idea's, comments, opinions, .02, or any other details you want and we'll see where it takes us.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I'd totally be up for it! As long as it's like next spring or something... since I probably won't have my ST until then. Is it just me or does it seem like most of the members here are from the midwest/east coast? That could definitely help with planning the location! BTW, I've organized autox's with the SCCA before, so if anyone's interested in that I could look into setting one up :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Our MINI club started meeting at Deal's Gap/Tail of the Dragon a few years back. Some amazing drives that would be perfectly suited for an ST. Just finishing up this weekend with over 600 MINIs in attendance. This could be a great spot for a meet, as it's somewhat centrally located, at least for the east coast.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I could definitely do that!

I'd just like to point out that I plan on putting the first 1000 miles on my ST down at the Blue Ridge Parkway. If any of you want to join me you're welcome to it :)

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We did a track day at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI. The track was rented for a half day in the morning and there were instructor led courses for novices.

The track would be very good for an ST. It's on the smaller side and is more technical than larger raceways.

Gingerman Raceway, Ltd.

·
Registered
241 Posts
We did a track day at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI. The track was rented for a half day in the morning and there were instructor led courses for novices.

The track would be very good for an ST. It's on the smaller side and is more technical than larger raceways.

Gingerman Raceway, Ltd.
Nice! I used to live around there (well lived in Grand Rapids worked in Grand Haven). Actually got my dog from Fennville which is very close to there.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
If you do in MI.. I will come ST or not.

Chad

·
Registered
742 Posts
Obvious choice would be the Carlisle All Ford Nationals, held in Carlisle PA. It's a huge, and hugely popular event that many Ford clubs use as their big annual meet event. It offers excellent show grounds and even an autocross. FoMoCo also typically has a decent presence too. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sounds like a great idea to try. Anything on the east coast though would be very difficult for us west coasters to attend. If a national type meetup was held, a more central location would be better I think. Maybe instead there could be a western/eastern regional meetup?

·
Registered
742 Posts
There's a group from the Merkur Club of America that do a regular caravan every year from the west coast out to PA (and back). If they can make it, darn near anyone can.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Obvious choice would be the Carlisle All Ford Nationals, held in Carlisle PA. It's a huge, and hugely popular event that many Ford clubs use as their big annual meet event. It offers excellent show grounds and even an autocross. FoMoCo also typically has a decent presence too. Just an idea.

been there done that and would do it again.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
West coast here too. Would be great fun to be able to go out there, but that's just a lot of time off work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd be interested in this. I'm in Pittsburgh so if it's on the Eastcoast/Midwest (Middle East), just tell me when and where.

·
Registered
742 Posts
This sorta thing is aways tough. Obviously there will probably (need to) be regional meets, but I think any national meet will be inconvenient to one region or another, so it's probably best to link it to some more significant event in order to create enough draw to entice folks to travel to it via plane/train/whatever, even if they can't bring their own ST.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts