Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up Forza Horizon for the Xbox 360 while it was on sale last week. I started playing it and I was looking at the Car Club feature. I looked for a Ford ST Nation club but I didn't see one so I thought I would take the initiative. I created the club and I wanted to post it up here and let everyone know. If anyone is interested in being a Co-Leader of the club let me know.

Club Tag: FSTN
Club Name: Ford ST Nation

My Gamertag is Baron164

Reactions: Chad

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just picked it up, will check this out when I can (leaving for Orlando tomorrow, so we'll see)

Gamertag: Scortle Tamer

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just got it myself. I haven't had time to play it yet but when I do I'll look for this club. Originally, I wasn't going to get it because I didn't think I would like it. But, when I found it for $15 I figured I had nothing to lose. If I don't like it I can take it to GameStop and probably get more than I paid for it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been enjoying it, highly recommend getting the 100% deducation on upgrades asap, saves a ton of in game credits.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I picked up Forza Horizon for the Xbox 360 while it was on sale last week. I started playing it and I was looking at the Car Club feature. I looked for a Ford ST Nation club but I didn't see one so I thought I would take the initiative. I created the club and I wanted to post it up here and let everyone know. If anyone is interested in being a Co-Leader of the club let me know.

Club Tag: FSTN
Club Name: Ford ST Nation
My Gamertag is Baron164

Sent a join request last night. Don't know how often I'll get to play. I played a little single player.
Gamer Tag: The Chosen One

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've been enjoying it, highly recommend getting the 100% deducation on upgrades asap, saves a ton of in game credits.
That's what I started doing after a few races. I got all the signs I could find but it wasn't all of them. I'll have to look for the rest when I get to play again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just sent a join request this evening. I've been looking for a Horizon car club to join, so I'm looking forward to participating here.
Gamertag: CasualGuy

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I accepted both requests. I ended up finding all but two signs. I had earned some free ms points through the rewards program so I picked up the treasure map so I could grab the last two. I've been making some good process, top speed record right now is 205mph in my ST :) I haven't tried to break it yet, sure I could. Wish I had the ability to just openly record everything and not just races. So many good crashes and drifts and no record :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was going to pick this up. I played the demo and it seemed pretty fun. Maybe I'll buy it after tax season when I find out how much spending money I have.

Gamertag: DigitalBlunder

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was going to pick this up. I played the demo and it seemed pretty fun. Maybe I'll buy it after tax season when I find out how much spending money I have.
You won't regret it. This game is a blast! I must admit I was skeptical at first, as I was worried that Horizon would be way closer to the arcade side of the racing game spectrum than the simulation side. I've really enjoyed the previous Forza games because they're pretty much as close as you can get to a realistic driving simulator on a console (but they're still a far cry from iRacing, etc. on the PC).

While the physics in Horizon do seem to have a slightly less realistic feel than Forza 4 (it's definitely easier to enter and recover from drifts), cars still generally behave the way you would expect them to, and the decent physics engine paired with the open-world nature of the game makes it really fun and terribly addictive. I've been playing so much that my wife gave me an early Christmas present of a Playseat and a Fanatec wheel and pedal kit, and that just makes it even better.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Might get them game for Christmas. I have forza 4

gametag: jon96cobra

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, all! I've gotten several in-game requests to join the FSTN Forza Horizon car club. Please post your Gamertag to this thread if you're one of them so we know who's who.

Sorry I haven't checked in here in awhile. I'm pretty active on the Corvette Forum and tend to forget about ST Nation. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
i was going to get the game just to drive the ST ( i have Forza 3 and Drive the Focus as my main car in that ) but tried the Demo and it wouldnt let me play the Focus, so i skipped it. )

also it seemed to Arcade like and not the Simulation like previous games, is this true of the full game ?

how early can you get the Focus ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i was going to get the game just to drive the ST ( i have Forza 3 and Drive the Focus as my main car in that ) but tried the Demo and it wouldnt let me play the Focus, so i skipped it. )

also it seemed to Arcade like and not the Simulation like previous games, is this true of the full game ?

how early can you get the Focus ?
You earn enough cash to purchase the Focus ST very early on in the game. As you noticed, the driving experience in Forza Horizon is a little less realistic than in Forza 3 or 4, and I had the same concerns when I played the demo. Once I started playing the full game I didn't really notice the difference as much, but it may just be that I got used to it. I don't have any problems going back and forth from Forza 4 to Forza Horizon, and it's still much more realistic than something like Need For Speed. It mostly seems like the developers gave the cars a little more grip than they should have, i.e. cars hold a turn when you really think they should be understeering.

·
Registered
26 Posts
made an STNation Horizon Vinyl, could not find one in the Horizon Store
Awesome! I just approved your club request, so you're in. I've been addicted to Skyrim for the past month or two, so now I need to dust off my Playseat and get back into Forza 4 and Forza Horizon!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts