Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was into my drivers side door removing trim and panels, anyway i had the window motor unplugged. Now the window opens about 2" per full press on the window switch. It is doing the same thing when trying to close it. It does not matter if the switch is held or not the window only moves about 2" at a time and will not move until the switch is released and pressed again. I tried Holding down the down switch until the window is fully lowered ( problem is it takes 6 presses and releases to get the window down ), Release the switch momentarily, and then press down again for 5 seconds.Hold down the up switch until the window is fully raised. again it takes 6 presses.Release the switch momentarily, and then press up again for 5 seconds.This does not work in my situation. I cannot see any obstructions so i dont think the window is binding. It seems like a programming issue? Any suggestions ?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Try a battery disconnect for about 15 minutes. Then, go through the window reset procedure you tried before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try a battery disconnect for about 15 minutes. Then, go through the window reset procedure you tried before.
gave that a try today but still have the issue. had the battery disconnected for 30 minutes. I really hate to take it to the dealer to have them fix what I somehow messed up. I just dont like others working on my car. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was into my drivers side door removing trim and panels, anyway i had the window motor unplugged. Now the window opens about 2" per full press on the window switch. It is doing the same thing when trying to close it. It does not matter if the switch is held or not the window only moves about 2" at a time and will not move until the switch is released and pressed again. I tried Holding down the down switch until the window is fully lowered ( problem is it takes 6 presses and releases to get the window down ), Release the switch momentarily, and then press down again for 5 seconds.Hold down the up switch until the window is fully raised. again it takes 6 presses.Release the switch momentarily, and then press up again for 5 seconds.This does not work in my situation. I cannot see any obstructions so i dont think the window is binding. It seems like a programming issue? Any suggestions ?
Hi there,

I'm having the exact same problem with my Ford Focus, were you able to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think this forum is dead....
Pretty close to dead but still has a weak pulse. I used to check the forum every weekday but now check maybe once a week or so as most of the posts are spam. Too bad as we had a good group of owners who contributed in the past.

As to the window, sorry, mine is working fine but I only have 36K miles on my 5-year old car. You may want to try focusfanatics or another forum for help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts