·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
As you can read:

BASE LINE

FRPP

Notes:
The Dyno guy at Livernois said the dip in my curve @ 2800 could be related to a boost leak. So I will be looking into that. He said with more PSI stuff like that shows up at max boost.

COMBINED

It took a few pulls to get it right. It snowed here a few days ago so my tires were not warm, and were wet. The first couple of pulls were a wash because of wheel slip. Once they heated up and were dry, we then started to get good readings.

WTQ Gains: 75.13
WHP Gains: 16.62

More notes
  • Uncorrected
  • Ambient Temp was 41-49F
  • Fuel used: 93 Sunoco

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Fixed the graphs. Now they look correct.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I want to get this so badly, but alas, logic and limited financial resources prevail. It's either tires for the upcoming autocross season which I absolutely need if I'm going to participate since I've corded last years tires, or the FRPP which I wouldn't be able to use for autocross, but would be a hoot for driving around town.

I will have to live vicariously through those of you who do the install. I hope somebody coming to Carlisle has this installed, I want a ride!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am confused about one thing. How do the FRPP intake and say the COBB CAI differentiate? Do you have one over the other or is the FRPP intake something that is added to an aftermarket CAI? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wonder if it would be a better idea on a budget to have the dealership install the intake but do the flash yourself and if you have to get warranty work then just flash back. So youll at least not void the warranty with the intake and save a buck or 2 for installing the flash yourself.... Im a cheapskate I lie looking for the cheapest way to do pretty much everything

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am confused about one thing. How do the FRPP intake and say the COBB CAI differentiate? Do you have one over the other or is the FRPP intake something that is added to an aftermarket CAI? Thanks!
Generally, one or the other. There are however, different types of CAI's that might have some common or even complimentary features. The tune for the FRPP is calibrated to the included CAI (a snorkel and K&N filter). JP

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Dyno boost gauge said 24.79. That was the most I saw. Mostly 24.5 to 24.79 psi. I had to remove it on the later pulls. We thought that the boost vacuum line was where the boost leak was.

I wonder if it would be a better idea on a budget to have the dealership install the intake but do the flash yourself and if you have to get warranty work then just flash back. So youll at least not void the warranty with the intake and save a buck or 2 for installing the flash yourself.... Im a cheapskate I lie looking for the cheapest way to do pretty much everything
You'll save 30 minutes if you flash yourself. 20 min for software backup, and 3 to install new software.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No TUNE??

Dyno boost gauge said 24.79. That was the most I saw. Mostly 24.5 to 24.79 psi. I had to remove it on the later pulls. We thought that the boost vacuum line was where the boost leak was.

You'll save 30 minutes if you flash yourself. 20 min for software backup, and 3 to install new software.
All these engine mods and no TUNER???? I was reading on some sights and after the Down Pipe install, they noticed a richer fuel condition and I would think that you have far more mods done on the Factory Tune. It cannot be your warranty since most dealers would have it cancelled if you had a engine problem with all of those mods done. Also, in your MOD's you state that you have a "CP-E™ αIntake™ Intake System". Are you removing it for the FORD system?

·
Registered
615 Posts
All these engine mods and no TUNER???? I was reading on some sights and after the Down Pipe install, they noticed a richer fuel condition and I would think that you have far more mods done on the Factory Tune. It cannot be your warranty since most dealers would have it cancelled if you had a engine problem with all of those mods done. Also, in your MOD's you state that you have a "CP-E™ αIntake™ Intake System". Are you removing it for the FORD system?
Curious to this as well.

From the looks of the intake it appears to keep the stock cold air feeds as well as the additional openings on the side. Therefore it should not require being changed for the Ford Racing CAI, which is an actual cold air feed that replaces the stock venturi stack with a longer tube that pulls high pressure air from the grille area. They are complementary modifications, although the open box would slightly lessen the pressure differential between the grille and the intake.

Only the Steeda CAI eliminates one of the two cold air feeds from the short snorkel/ venturi stack that is replaced with the FRPP part.

·
Registered
14 Posts

From the looks of the intake it appears to keep the stock cold air feeds as well as the additional openings on the side. Therefore it should not require being changed for the Ford Racing CAI, which is an actual cold air feed that replaces the stock venturi stack with a longer tube that pulls high pressure air from the grille area. They are complementary modifications, although the open box would slightly lessen the pressure differential between the grille and the intake.

Only the Steeda CAI eliminates one of the two cold air feeds from the short snorkel/ venturi stack that is replaced with the FRPP part.
Cool, so I assume same goes for COBB since they too use the stock cold air feeds, right?

41 - 60 of 98 Posts