Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess Inside Line decided to do another ST review, and this time it has a lot more "passion" to it and is a really good read IMO. The fact that Michael Jordan (not the Michael Jordan you're thinking of, lol) compares this directly to a BMW M3 is shocking, to say the least.

2013 Ford Focus ST: The $24,495 BMW M3

·
Registered
908 Posts
Wow. This guy is just trying to make our heads explode in anticipation.

He's got a few facts wrong (cloth Recaro seats, nope; 30 seconds of overboost, what?), but he was obviously enjoying the car too much to double check those.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Wow. This guy is just trying to make our heads explode in anticipation.

He's got a few facts wrong (cloth Recaro seats, nope; 30 seconds of overboost, what?), but he was obviously enjoying the car too much to double check those.
Yep...and the fact he left out the whole lady demographic. :( :p

Really though, that guy really seems to love the car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Not a single comment on a flaw. These are the kind of reviews that are taken with a huge grain of salt, another reason why the Jalopnik review stands as the best one to date.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Man these reviews are starting to get a little out of hand. Don't get me wrong, I think the ST is and will be a great car, but jeez what is it going to be compared to next? Ferrari 458?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Man these reviews are starting to get a little out of hand. Don't get me wrong, I think the ST is and will be a great car, but jeez what is it going to be compared to next? Ferrari 458?
Agreed. That's the problem with these types of reviews. Give me some comparison tests, not this crap.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
From the comment section of the article:

Anyone else notice that the cost of the moonroof is $895 (or close to that) in the ST, but only $795 on the rest of the Focus line? Also, the SE sport seats can be had heated with the winter package, but the same seats in the base ST are unable to come with heaters. Instead, you have to pony up the addition $4k for the ST3 package to get heated seats - something my lower back really appreciates.
i too have noticed this discrepancy re the sun roof price and wondered why it cost more in the ST than it does on the standard Focus?

The heated seat option also annoys me. I'll miss them in February!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Great review, the st2 seats with heat would have won me over and saves me some cash.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I looked into aftermarket heating elements and the cost is around 160 bucks a seat. Instalation is involved and probably pricy. It involves removing the seats and the seat covers, not to mention wiring everything up. Not something I want to subject my new car to.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think all these positive reviews are great. I have seen many reviews of cars that are absolutely loved and even they have some negative feedback. Either Ford is dishing out major cash to keep the critics happy or this hot hatch is setting the bar... High.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yeah, I would have expected some negative reviews by now. Or at least some more negative talking points. I doubt Ford has paid off ALL of the reviewers. I know a lot of them were flown out to France to test drive the car but not everyone has reviewed the car in that setting. But hopefully this means the car is just really good.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
IMO Jalopnik and Top Gear can be brutal so if they were impressed I'm sure it's going to be great.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ladies & Gentlemen, I think its safe to say we bought a great car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts