Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know that getting x plan pricing as a Ford shareholder is completely doable and pretty straightforward. There are, however, two caveats: you need to own at least 100 shares (~$1050) and you need have been in possession of those 100 shares for at least six months.

If you meet those two criteria, the process for getting your PIN is as follows:

1. Fill out the Ford Friends and Neighbors Pricing Application
2. Pull together some way of showing 6 months of ownership of 100 shares of Ford stock (account statements, current balance)
3. Fax (via fax or an email-to-fax website) the application and proof of ownership to Ford Shareholder Relations
4. Receive PIN via email.

I did the above and emailed/faxed my documents to Ford on Sunday night and had an email with my PIN by Monday afternoon.

If anyone has any questions on the process, I will do my best to answer them.

-Stephen

·
Registered
234 Posts
There are simpler ways of getting X-Plan pricing, however for those who are already share holders this is good information.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Also, shareholders are entitled to 1 pin request every 12 months.

·
4,009 Posts
If your neighbor is able to distribute their X plan to others then yes. It they can only obtain the Pin # for themselves no. Dealers need the pin number and the name of the person who got it for you in order to certify that the Pin # is legit.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just wondering how does the shareholder X-plan work when you fill out the purchase agreement regarding sponsor type/relationship to sponsor? Is the shareholder plan considered part of the "Ford Partner Recognition Program Employee/Retiree/Member" option?

Also, since it asks you for a sponsor name, are you supposed to just put your own name? Or do you just leave it blank?

It is a bit confusing as Ford shareholder isn't an option.

·
4,009 Posts
When I've used the shareholder optio. I contacted shareholders service, filled out the paperwork and faxed it to them. The sent me an email with a pin and I gave it to the dealer. I think they may have noted me as the provider.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
This information is worthy of a sticky! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Does anyone have a link to the "Ford Friends and Neighbors Pricing Application"?

Thanks!

·
4,009 Posts
I have the form I can attach but I have to do it when I get home.

·
4,009 Posts
Here it is:

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Will an account statement from eTrade suffice or do I need to get something formal from them?

·
4,009 Posts
A statement from Etrade is fine. That is exactly what I submitted.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I bought some stock a short while ago to qualify for the X-plan price in case I decided I wanted to buy an ST. Just got back from driving one. And now that six-month qualification time seems really long.

Joining SVT Owners of America also qualifies -- 60 day membership required ($60).

Any quicker ways to qualify for X-plan pricing?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Can you use a shareholder X-plan PIN for someone else? The app form seems quite clear that the name info is for the shareholder, identical with the name under which the vehicle will be registered. There's no second spot for a name for the vehicle owner.

While I'm asking, do you need the PIN when you order the vehicle, or when you take delivery? If there's, say, an 8-week lead time, then it makes a difference. One dealer said it was at time of delivery, but they might have been thinking the usual dealer order, which isn't of course actually bound for anyone in particular. Ford's outline of the process suggests order time, but they don't really make a clear distinction, and may be assuming you're buying something already on the lot.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I ordered my ST on 6/12 and my dealer said to bring my PIN # when I p/u the car.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Can you use a shareholder X-plan PIN for someone else? The app form seems quite clear that the name info is for the shareholder, identical with the name under which the vehicle will be registered. There's no second spot for a name for the vehicle owner.

While I'm asking, do you need the PIN when you order the vehicle, or when you take delivery? If there's, say, an 8-week lead time, then it makes a difference. One dealer said it was at time of delivery, but they might have been thinking the usual dealer order, which isn't of course actually bound for anyone in particular. Ford's outline of the process suggests order time, but they don't really make a clear distinction, and may be assuming you're buying something already on the lot.
The shareholder's name that applies for the PIN must match the name on the car paperwork in order for the PIN to be valid. The dealer will typically check the validity of the PIN in the Ford system before placing your vehicle order and before confirming your eligibility for X-Plan pricing. But it doesn't actually get "used" until you buy the car on delivery day.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The shareholder's name that applies for the PIN must match the name on the car paperwork in order for the PIN to be valid.
Confirmed via email with Ford investor relations.

I don't know what they think I'm going to do with one PIN per year, only for myself :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts