Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Could you post the whole article? This is actually a great sign, IMO. It means that the ST doesn't rely on super-tires to get the grip it has... it's suspension tuning alone. Geez, just imagine what the ST would be like with the Michelin Pilot Sports...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Could you post the whole article? This is actually a great sign, IMO. It means that the ST doesn't rely on super-tires to get the grip it has... it's suspension tuning alone. Geez, just imagine what the ST would be like with the Michelin Pilot Sports...
Or R-Compounds. :thumb:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I thought the Focus ST was riding on Goodyears? The Focus Titianum with handling pack rides on Michelin Pilot Sport 3's? Someone back me up?? If it's true then great Pilot Super Sports are a fantastic tire!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'd really like to see Nitto's NT05 & Toyo TR888's in a high performance tire test. Both of those are spec'd in the Focus ST tire size too.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Just FYI, according to tire rack, the Michelin Super Sports do fit the ST's tires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
9 tire test. Ours (ST's ) placed 6th. Michelin Pilot Sport won. Here is the Goodyear write up....
I had to re-read your title. Originally, I thought you meant the Goodyears tested well in the C&D test. I was confused before I read the test because I thought how could 6th out of 9 be good? Then, I read the whole test. The dry roadholding is very poor. The comment about how strangely it performed got my attention. But, I think the last sentence sums it up best; "This tire is no great inspirer of driving confidence."

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Makes you wonder why Ford didn't stick withe the PS3 for the ST

·
Registered
547 Posts
Makes you wonder why Ford didn't stick withe the PS3 for the ST
Yeah you would think that they definitely tried them on the ST and said "no, the Eagles are much better"

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Or a cost issue. At Tire Rack the F1 AS2 is a lot less expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'll burn through the goodyears in probably 2 months and then get something else, on Tire Rack those Michelin's are expensive so I'll have to see if I can get them cheaper somewhere else or look at something else like a Hankook or Yokohama.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts