Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
2013 Ford Focus ST | Reserve Yours Today | Ford.com

Just saw this at the above address today. I might have missed it before but I believe its new.

Join the elite group of first owners and score a GoPro®
HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition.

Reserve your 2013 Focus ST today* and you’ll be among the first to experience this perfectly balanced blend of refined engineering and undiluted adrenaline. Plus, the first 1,000 to reserve will get a GoPro® HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition that includes one camera and related mounts upon delivery of the vehicle. Used by racing teams and core enthusiasts across the world, the GoPro® can help capture every corner and curve you take in your ST – on the street or at the track.

By reserving now you’ll also ensure that your Focus ST is delivered to a Ford Dealer near you. It only takes a few simple steps to get started:

Select the Build and Price button to choose your color and options.
Print your vehicle specs.
Take it to a Ford Dealer.

If you have additional questions about the reservation process, please contact your local Ford Dealer.
Focus ST highlights:

Turbocharged, direct-injection 2.0L EcoBoost® engine
Six-speed manual transmission
Variable ratio electric power-assisted steering (EPAS)
Unique ST sport-tuned suspension
High-performance front and rear disc brakes
Distinctive, aggressive exterior design
18-inch alloy wheels with Y-spoke pattern and high-performance tires
Available RECARO® seats
Unique turbo boost, oil pressure and temperature gauges
Available SYNC® with MyFord Touch®

GoPro® HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition details:

1 11MP HD HERO2 camera
1 Waterproof Housing (197′ / 60m)
1 HD Skeleton Backdoor
1 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
1 USB Cable
1 Suction Cup Mount
1 J-Hook Buckle
2 Curved-Surface Adhesive Mounts
3 Flat-Surface Adhesive Mounts
1 Three-Way Pivot Arm
Assorted Mounting Hardware

Note: SD card not included

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Craig you won't mind if I move this to the Pricing forum. Seems more appropriate there.

Very nice find.

SD card not included?! That's it, I'm cancelling my order!
We should demand it! :D

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I'd like to know if I'm getting a go pro from Ford. Kind of sloppy how they put it out there and there is no way of knowing if you qualify.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The part that concerns me is how to track when an order is placed, seeing how things don't go live until the 15th. Seems if you ordered with a dealer earlier than this that you might get bumped if your dealer isn't on the ball on the 15th.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd like to know if I'm getting a go pro from Ford. Kind of sloppy how they put it out there and there is no way of knowing if you qualify.

I have an inside guy at svt in Dearborn mi and he told me I qualified for the camera and that they have not hit the 1000 pre order mark so if you have already orderd or are going to soon you will definitely be qualified for the camera :) soooo get on it NOW if u still want the bonus !!!

·
4,009 Posts
I have an inside guy at svt in Dearborn mi and he told me I qualified for the camera and that they have not hit the 1000 pre order mark so if you have already orderd or are going to soon you will definitely be qualified for the camera :) soooo get on it NOW if u still want the bonus !!!
Sure hope so! I can think of lots of places to use it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Lisa posted a reply to someones question on FB and said they would announce then the 1000th order has been placed, the announcement hasn't been made yet.

Sure hope so! I can think of lots of places to use it.
Me too, if the battery is charged right out of the box it will be mounted to the drivers fender and record my drive home and may drive to work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Me too, if the battery is charged right out of the box it will be mounted to the drivers fender and record my drive home and may drive to work.

As I understand things the camera will be shipped to the lucky owners sometime AFTER delivery . . . So no drive home movies.

Was a cool idea though. I was going to do this myself after reading you post, but then . . . DOH!!!! :S

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see these GoPro cameras at autox events all the time, sometime a few on the same car. They produce some decent video and short of hitting them on a stationary object they seem to be pretty durable.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I can't wait to try it out. Definitely going to be bugging my dealer on the 15th to make sure they register the order as soon as possible.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I put my order in on the 12th so I'm hoping I'll qualify.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ok, so I'm going to order my car tomorrow. What do I tell the dealer when it comes to making sure I get my info in for the camera?
Do they need to go to a whole separate website to enter in my info, after placing the order for the car? I want to make sure I get this thing!

Or does the dealer get an email verification for my car order and then they can register me for the camera? I'm confused as to how this works.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ok, so I'm going to order my car tomorrow. What do I tell the dealer when it comes to making sure I get my info in for the camera?
Do they need to go to a whole separate website to enter in my info, after placing the order for the car? I want to make sure I get this thing!

Or does the dealer get an email verification for my car order and then they can register me for the camera? I'm confused as to how this works.
they have to go to a whole separate system to do the verification thing, they have to enter the info after they place the order in the production order system

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ok, I ordered my car. But now my sales guy is convinced all he had to do was place the order for the car. This is getting really frustrating.

·
4,009 Posts
I'm with ya! Very unclear process.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I wish Ford or Lisa or someone would post a step by step process that needs to be taken in order to qualify for the camera.

Step 1. Place your order
Step 2. Receive your DORA
Step 3. ??

Step ? Receive your car
Step ? Receive your gopro

·
4,009 Posts
If I get one, I plan on putting it to good use.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts