Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
too bad they did not put the R on the track. The non-defeatable traction control excuse was strange. It's not like you can't track the car just because of that. If they wanted to bring in a replacement it should have been another hot hatch, like the MS3.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
:yay:Funny how they needed to pit the ST against another car, and still lost. So what if the VW's TC can't be defeated.
I would like to see track times between the VW and ST, even if that means leaving the Traction on for both. :ST:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If they wanted to bring in a replacement it should have been another hot hatch, like the MS3.
They were trying to (shamelessly) promote the BRZ, which a week later they declared as the car of the year, or something like that.
Shameless.:confused:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I see what you're saying, but with the TC on it would have keep slowing the car down not letting it through the corners full out, hence the track time would have suffered.

Being in the same league as the GT and STi in the 8 is an awesome achievement for the ST. My turbo'd 3 was terrible here, front end was too heavy, I never could fix it.

I did right by getting the Focus seems like. I'm glad I waited and didn't get an MS3. First time I drove the ST I was hooked as it does everything my turbo'd Mazda 3 could not.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It really is pretty pointless trying to track the Golf R aggressively.....well according to this guy......this video gets really really funny.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y4uDzeDP1eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
45 Posts
I test drove the scion FRS and was so unimpressed. Massive torque dip down low. It's a hot car but at 12:5:1 compression good luck turbocharging without ripping the block apart. I find the ST handling just a notch below while being much faster. FRS is a beautiful car but that's all it really is to me. Glad I held out for the ST.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.