Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I suppose I've lurked for long enough. And even the biggest gear-heads on hear don't seem terribly intimidating...

I'm far from a car guy, myself. Though I am locked in on hatchbacks. My first car was a old used 89 Ford Probe. My next car, which was my first car I bought new, was a 02 Hyundai Elantra GT. I'm still bombing around in that, and seeking it's replacement. And along comes the Focus ST.

I'm a little leery of pre-ordering a car I haven't test driven, so I'm not sure if I should (or even can) wait until the dealers have them on the lot. Any advice on that is appreciated. Still, unless I don't fit into it or something, the ST is firmly in the lead to be my next car.

I'm already getting a little carried away on here, pricing out clay bars, dual center white stripes for the blue ST I want, and debating the cost/benefit of the ST1 vs the ST3.

Now, if I can just keep the Hyundai from breaking down for a few months...

·
Registered
908 Posts
It's nice to see more people from Massachusetts here. I was a little hesitant to order a car without testing it too, but then I just went ahead and did so (I also got into the Performance Academy at Gillette stadium, so that'll help). Stopping by the stadium could help you at least see them, or you could try emailing Ford and asking for a spot... But after reading all the glowing reviews, I don't really feel the need to test it, I just (obviously) want to.

Why aren't you considering the ST2?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not eliminating the ST2 completely. I'm not crazy about the cloth/leather mix on the seats, but it's really more about the internal debate between getting the car as inexpensively as possible (and perhaps doing some things after-market), or sucking it up and getting the bells and whistles up front.

·
Registered
354 Posts
FYI, I am from Mass, the South Shore.

FWIW, I won't order an ST until I can test drive one. I already have a PT Cruiser GT that has a turbo 4 that is making more power than the ST. The only reason I am considering the ST is the 12 Focus SEL we purchased last year is a much more refined car than the PT and I expect the ST will be the same.

I also won't likely purchase anything until I see more on the upcoming Dart SRT-4. From what I have been reading on the Dart they have taken the refinement up another notch and the SRT will most certainly be in the 300+ HP range.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I wrote the Performance Academy yesterday for the one at Gillette Stadium pleading to allow me there even though the list is full. This is their response.

At this time all of our registration spots are filled for the Focus ST Performance Academy on July 21st.

There will be an opportunity for you to see the Focus ST at Rodman Ford on Tuesday, July 17th. The times have not yet been schedule but we will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

Thanks!

** That is an hour and 40 minutes from me. I live near Springfield, MA. Also, the 17th is on a Tueday. I'm almost certain I can't do it. Rodman Ford is also located in Foxboro. Hope this helps guys

Well, I suppose I've lurked for long enough. And even the biggest gear-heads on hear don't seem terribly intimidating...

I'm far from a car guy, myself. Though I am locked in on hatchbacks. My first car was a old used 89 Ford Probe. My next car, which was my first car I bought new, was a 02 Hyundai Elantra GT. I'm still bombing around in that, and seeking it's replacement. And along comes the Focus ST.

I'm a little leery of pre-ordering a car I haven't test driven, so I'm not sure if I should (or even can) wait until the dealers have them on the lot. Any advice on that is appreciated. Still, unless I don't fit into it or something, the ST is firmly in the lead to be my next car.

I'm already getting a little carried away on here, pricing out clay bars, dual center white stripes for the blue ST I want, and debating the cost/benefit of the ST1 vs the ST3.

Now, if I can just keep the Hyundai from breaking down for a few months...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Also, see if you can preorder with a deposit of $500, but make sure it is written on the paperwork that the deposit is refundable in the event you refuse delivery. Your dealership should understand you want the option to back out if after u test drive it you find it not being the right car for you.

I did this with the Subaru BRZ. Thank God I got it in writing. They were assholes when I refused.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Also, see if you can preorder with a deposit of $500, but make sure it is written on the paperwork that the deposit is refundable in the event you refuse delivery. Your dealership should understand you want the option to back out if after u test drive it you find it not being the right car for you.

I did this with the Subaru BRZ. Thank God I got it in writing. They were assholes when I refused.
They shouldn't have been, the Subaru BRZ is so hard to get right now that they could probably be charging far over MSRP :p

·
Registered
417 Posts
I didn't get mine too specific All it said was "Deposit refundable." Many states do not permit a dealership to keep a deposit i.e. Massachusetts. I live in MA but I went to a CT dealership.

They shouldn't have been, the Subaru BRZ is so hard to get right now that they could probably be charging far over MSRP :p

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not going to order untill I drive one evan though the reviews are very good. I do suspect july 22 i will be in a ford dealer but we will see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts