Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm David and I live in Southern California. I currently have a Saab 9-3 5-door with the eco-turbo engine. It's the base 2.0L 4 cylinder model, 185HP, with a 5-speed. I like the combination of power and economy that the turbo gives me. I get about 25-29MPG, and have reached 30-31 a few times. I like the hatch for carrying bicycles and other large items you can't really put in a sedan and I also think it looks sportier. My Saab has over 250K miles, so I've been shopping around for a replacement. I like the Focus ST and and the Volvo V40, which, unfortunately, will not be sold int the US.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was really interested in the Volvo V40, it never ceases to amaze me that all these great Euro cars are never available in North America. Such a bummer, the V40 is great looking car and sounds like it will really move with those engine options.
I like Saab also, too bad about all their recent problems. 250K miles on a car is incredible, I thought my 165,000 was high. Love my WRX with the awd and 227hp, still get 30mpg on highway when I drive easy, but the new WRX's are pigs on gas, so Focus ST is now first choice.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Long time past Saab owner myself. Never bought one of the GM Saab's but owned a few back in the 80-90's First car I owned was a SAAB 99.

I had considered a Volvo C30 and almost bought one but when the news of the ST hit, I knew it was the car for me.

Welcome.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Greetings right back at you from SoCal, too. Funny, the first "hot hatch" that really caught my eye was the Volvo C30, but the green side of me couldn't stomach the mpg (my Subie Outback wagon is bad enough, but comforting on the Angeles Crest Hwy that I drive my family on nearly daily), hence my interest in the ST. The V40 would definitely be on my short list were it available.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome messages. I'm looking forward to driving on the Angeles Forrest and Angeles Crest Highways with ST and it's short throw steering. I'm still mulling over which option package to get. I need to go to a dealer and check out the regular Focus just for general fit and visibility out the windows and such. I missed the So Cal Auto Show. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts