Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been checking out the forum from time to time to see what the word is on the Focus ST. I've been doing this for maybe two years. So I decided to join, do an intro, and let you know where I stand from what I've learned here.

Currently own a '95 Trans Am (which I bought new), and have been looking for something to replace it with for the last 5 years. Went from neo-muscle cars, which are just too wide and long and the doors are all too big for LA life with its street parking and compact spaces; to looking at hatches like the Impreza WRX and MS3. I just can't get past 25 mpg, which I get with a 5.7 liter V-8. Or 5 speeds. In 2012?

I want something fast for when I want fast, and something economical and comfortable to spend time in, the rest of the time. It seems like Ford gave all of these things a lot of thought when they designed the Focus ST. More than anyone else.

The compromises that might make it less suitable for track or street racing...just not a problem for me at this stage of my life.

So here I am, a place where the Focus ST has center stage for now. Hello everyone! Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome to a neighbor (relatively speaking) and one who shares my motivations for buying this car to a T.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts