Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Focus ST is now included in the "build and price" 2013 lineup on the Ford.ca website. One noteable change to the equipment options is that halogen headlights are now listed as standard equipment with HID headlights offered as "late availability". I just sent an email to my dealer asking him about this issue. I would like to get the HIDs and I want to make sure that my order is specific in this regard.

Just wanted to make sure that other canadians are aware of this potential change so that you don't get a surprise when your car shows up.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yea, supposed to be beginning of Q4. Not really gonna be that much longer than before the delay I suppose. Search around, there are several threada on this topic with useful and up to date info.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know it's an issue with all ST3s in the US and has been discussed ad nauseum in that respect. This thread was meant to be specific to Canadian ST orders.

In Canada, our initial ordering information indicated that the ST would only be available in 1 trim level (essentially ST3), with HIDs as the only headlight option. This appears to no longer be the case, so I posted this info in the "Canada" sub-forum to give a heads up to others who have already placed orders to contact their dealer and make sure they are still getting what they want.

Upon posting, I realized that I should've been more specific in the thread title that this is a Canada-specific issue, but there's no option to edit the thread title so I have to live with it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah, I talked to my dealer this morning to get clarification on this. On Facebook, Lisa said that HID's were only option in Canada, so I don't know why Ford Canada is coming up with this? Also, on the build & price, Employee Pricing is available on the ST. Talked to my dealer about changing my price, we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For my build (tech package, no moonroof, no nav) the Ford.ca website comes up with a price of right around $30K before tax with the employee pricing discount, which is what my dealer quoted me when I placed my order. Good luck with your negotiating.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, bad news from my dealer. The following scheduling note was sent to eastern Ontario dealers on July 16, 2012:

"Due to parts supplies related issues, production of the 2013MY Focus ST for Canada has been delayed until the fourth quarter.

Orders already serialized will be cancelled tomorrow (you will have to re-order at a later date).

Allocations provided to you in RTOM to schedule your Focus ST (if applicable) will be removed. However, allocations are not lost and will return at a later date.

More details will be communicated when available."

This was accompanied by the following note from the regional sales representative (the guy who sells cars to the dealerships).

So, we will not see any Focus ST arriving at dealerships until at least mid-to-late november...and, you probably won't be able to place a replacement order until October.

This is definitely not good news. Hopefully things aren't delayed quite this long, but that seems to be the latest info my dealer has.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!
The "build and price" section of the Ford.ca website no longer lists the HID headlights as "late availability" on the 2013 Focus ST. (Last week, the ST features indicated halogen headlamps as standard with HIDs as "late availability"). While I haven't heard anything official yet, I'm assuming that they have more or less sorted out the HID issue and are back to the original plan of HIDs on all STs sold in Canada. Yay!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well that's interesting, I wonder if they were contemplating switching to Halogen's for initial release and then found out the HID delay was minor?!?! We may never know, but I just got my A-Plan Ford Promo pricing confirmed. Got to love that Ford Canada is extending A-plan pricing to anyone until end of August. Wish I had more money I'd buy an F150 too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well that's interesting, I wonder if they were contemplating switching to Halogen's for initial release and then found out the HID delay was minor?!?! We may never know, but I just got my A-Plan Ford Promo pricing confirmed. Got to love that Ford Canada is extending A-plan pricing to anyone until end of August. Wish I had more money I'd buy an F150 too.
How much was yours before taxes? And hopefully we can get these damn cars here!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts