Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I was just at the Coke 600 yesterday. Lots of troops at the race.

Thank you to them and our boys over seas.

:thumb:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Happy Memorial Day to all you guys and gals of forum who serve for this country. I appreciate your service and thank you!
Quoted for truth!

·
Registered
103 Posts
While, as a veteran, I appreciate the the thoughtful feedback; however, Memorial Day is not a happy day (at least for me) and it is not Veterans Day. Rather, Memorial Day is not only a day in which I am faced with the task of remembering those whom I have served with that made the ultimate sacrifice, but also a day in which I pay homage to all of those I did not serve with who made the ultimate sacrifice as well.

Many people confuse Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Memorial Day is a day for remembering and honoring military personnel who died in the service of their country, particularly those who died in battle or as a result of wounds sustained in battle. While those who died are also remembered on Veterans Day, Veterans Day is the day set aside to thank and honor ALL those who served honorably in the military - in wartime or peacetime.
Memorial Day

(In no way is my post directed towards anyone in-particular nor is it delivered with any ferocity. I am just voicing my opinion. In general, the confusion of Memorial Day with Veterans Day irritates me and I am certain I am not the only veteran who feels this way.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts