Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So quick synopsis on me: My name's Matt, I'm 24 prior military, attending college and working full time and I currently reside in the bay area California near Oakland.
I've never owned an ST before, nor a Focus period, but this new iteration has peaked my interest...
I started out just looking for a new car that would be practical, economical and modern to replace my handful of a 2003 Mustang GT (modded).

After researching a ton (as I tend to overdue!) I am now leaning more and more towards the new ST, even despite my reluctance to get another Manual (I love em, but in bay area traffic/commuting etc can be a pain in my clutch leg!)
I am a total gear head nerd, and so I think that's why the ST appeals to me; I really appreciate all of the modern tech it incorporates at a relatively affordable level (plus the potential for future tuning/meddling).

Whelp I guess that's about it for now... any questions/comments I look forward to talking with ya'll.
P.S.. I am curious to see how driving the manual ST will compare to my current GT. I presume it is much more livable than my heavy clutched, tightly geared handful and so thus am more open to going manual again...plus all the modern hands-free tech probably helps to alleviate the constant shifts irritability I currently live with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I am curious about a few things regarding the new ST, and since I am unable yet to post elsewhere I'll address it here briefly..

I am curious as to whether some options will be available on the U.S. ST, as I have not seen them listed elsewhere, such as:
Rear parking sensors
any other wheel options? (I think Ford should offer a 17" wheel option, as well as other wheel choices than the chrome-ish looking Y-spokes...not a huge fan)
up-hill parking/gear assist as is available now in manual Mustangs...this seems like it should be a no-brainer to me.
Painted brake calipers?

I'm pretty sure some of these options are available in the European models...never understood why Ford would offer certain cool options there, yet not here? If the capability clearly exists and is being implemented anyhow...weird.

thanks again guys!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Welcome to the Nation. You should be able to post now.

No wheel option here in the state and no painted calipers. I've not heard of the ST having the rear parking sensors or the rollback features.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts