Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My names Edgar and I live in San Diego.
Here's my current car, a 2012 Focus SE DUB edition. Long story short I won a little pimp my ride type of thing with dub magazine and they "dub'd" my focus

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/edgar_cmd/0b8d5924.jpg

And here's what I had it looking like before the transformation

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/edgar_cmd/1dd29522.jpg

Soooo, I'm extremely grateful for what dub did for me (all free) but I've accepted that it's not the daily driver for me. I need trunk space for road trips (the trunk now home to 2 subs) and have decided I'm going to sell it and buy something different. A fun hatchback is what I'd like at this point in life and had already decided on a used gti (2010+) mainly because it wasn't gonna be more expensive than what the focus cost. But eventually I said eff it and am set on an ST now. I'd been following and anticipating it's debut for over a year now and am just gonna pull the trigger on it. Tho I won't pre order because I want to compare the race red and performance blue in person. And I'll be getting the ST1 as I don't need MFT or recaros or hids. Well that's my story

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not bad man, I actually don't hate the blue wheels haha. I'm not a fan of that style wheel (don't like the black at all) but looked pretty nice. And gotta say, great choice going with the ST instead of the gti. Not a VW hater but I just don't think it compares at all to the ST. Welcome aboard and have fun with the obsessing that goes on here haha.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
If you liked the SE You'll love the ST welcome!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Edgar!

Black on Black, I like your style. That's how I plan my ST1 will look but with stock wheels dipped black.
Thanks! I'm not gonna go black this time because I Want that big ol grille to stand out

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not bad man, I actually don't hate the blue wheels haha. I'm not a fan of that style wheel (don't like the black at all) but looked pretty nice. And gotta say, great choice going with the ST instead of the gti. Not a VW hater but I just don't think it compares at all to the ST. Welcome aboard and have fun with the obsessing that goes on here haha.
Thanks, my first car was an explorer (I really miss that big old guzzler), my second car was this focus SE. I wanted something fun to drive with more power than the SE with decent mpg, and up until ford finally announced official pricing the gti was the best option. I can afford a used mustang GT but I simply don't WANT to spend that much for gas. I'm a ford guy so I'm glad I get to keep my young little car history within the blue oval family. The mk7 gti is going to be pretty beasty though man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts