Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here for a while now, soaking up all the info I can get on the ST. I'm really excited to get my hands on one, according to my dealer my TS Canadian spec ST is in the system but still unscheduled (not surprising). If it comes out around the end of October (which seems likely) it'll make a nice birthday present for myself :)

Looking forward to seeing the explosion of information when everybody gets their new precious!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've also been watching from the sidelines. Very excited for my Canadian Tangerine Scream w/tech package. I just hope there's some dry pavement left when I get it!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well lads, the word is that ST3 production starts 'early October'. I ordered June 6th, but I don't think that is gonna help me or anyone get the car sooner. I'm expecting mid Nov delivery at the earliest. Maybe they're padding the dates a little, but if they say early Oct builds, then I guess that's what it is. Our fantastic insider figures the Canuck version will get mixed in with the general ST3 production. As far as we know there is 5-600 initial allocations for Canada so hopefully they can build that pretty quick?
Both Tangerine, whoa, you guys are looking for more attention than me, lol. Ordered silver with tech pack and nav.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I just ordered today over here on the lower mainland - Hallmark Ford. They have a grand total of TWO ST's allocated to them for dealer stock. My retail order is the first they have for one, so it will get priority over their dealer stock. That means that they will now only get one dealer stock ST to start. Heheh.

They had ST's over here in Pitt Meadows yesterday at the airport according to one of the salesman at the dealer. They were basically ride-alongs, no hands on. They had two cars - a black one and a TS car. The salesman said they are very quick and he had a HUGE smile on his face. My GF lives just blocks from the airport - I wish I knew so I could go poke around out there to see them in person.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Welcome! I just got call from my dealer, and talked to the sales guy about allocation. Interesting topic.

Welcome

Chad

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just ordered today over here on the lower mainland - Hallmark Ford. They have a grand total of TWO ST's allocated to them for dealer stock. My retail order is the first they have for one, so it will get priority over their dealer stock. That means that they will now only get one dealer stock ST to start. Heheh.

They had ST's over here in Pitt Meadows yesterday at the airport according to one of the salesman at the dealer. They were basically ride-alongs, no hands on. They had two cars - a black one and a TS car. The salesman said they are very quick and he had a HUGE smile on his face. My GF lives just blocks from the airport - I wish I knew so I could go poke around out there to see them in person.
Damn it I was in Langley, could have hopped right over. They should have advertised this, would loved to have been there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Greetings fellow Canucks!

I ordered a Performance Blue ST.... Prob gonna need to order winter tires and rims at the same time.

Wish i had Van Island Climate.... I miss the Island :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, winters out here are usually pretty mild, although we usually get a few cm of snow at some point. My current plan is to see if I can fit some winter tires on my stock rims and then get new rims for the stock summer tires when it warms up again. Maybe get a roof rack so I can strap some snowboards on the roof and head up the mountain. :thumb:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah, winters out here are usually pretty mild, although we usually get a few cm of snow at some point. My current plan is to see if I can fit some winter tires on my stock rims and then get new rims for the stock summer tires when it warms up again. Maybe get a roof rack so I can strap some snowboards on the roof and head up the mountain. :thumb:
Love the Island. Went to college there at Camosun, good times. Here in the lower mainland nothing but rain and maybe 3-4 days of snow, pretty much the same. Since I'm not going boarding in the ST, just gonna throw on the Conti Extreme DWS, good enough for our mild winters.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Mt Washington! good times have been had up there. They get a pile of snow. Make sure the roof rack also doubles as a surf board carrier and take advantage of that beautiful drive up to Tofino/ukee. I used to love that drive in my SVT Focus.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah, winters out here are usually pretty mild, although we usually get a few cm of snow at some point. My current plan is to see if I can fit some winter tires on my stock rims and then get new rims for the stock summer tires when it warms up again.
That is probably what I am going to do as well. I'm thinking a trip down to Washington state to pick up some tires - they are just so much cheaper in the US. Especially right now with our dollar just over par. ;)

Still not sure what winter tires to get though. My daily commute is going to be kind of far when I move later this year -> Pitt Meadows to South Burnaby. So even if it only snows 3 days, I need those tires to be good for a 50km round trip drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts