Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have been driving a 2002 SVT focus for the last 6 years and absolutely love it. The subtle differences in looks are appealing and to a trained eye are noticable but the way she handles is top notch for her class. With this being said i have been patiently waiting for the focus ST and hope to be one of the first in my city to have one... Blue please! just like my 02.

I am a auto nut who spends his free time lapping and wrenching and plan on using the ST as a summer daily driver and a track rat.

Any word on when canada is going to be able to order the ST?

Brandon

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Brandon, I also have an 02 SVT. Fun little car but not enough power. The ST will be an awesome car!
Agreed!! I am running a JRSC so i am pushing around 200whp so it is alittle faster but i am looking forward to the power of the ST and hopefully its ability to put it down.

·
Registered
148 Posts
:welcome:

Just gave a hello to blurbyu. Seems there are a number of either current or past SVT Focus owners joining the Forum. No surprise there as the ST clearly is the spiritual successor to the SVT. I am the original owner of a 2002 SVT Focus (silver w/ red interior, vehicle # 2076 of a build of 4788 assembled on 5/14/02 - note: it's a low mileage with under 60,000 miles).

I've thoroughly enjoyed the SVT Focus over the last 10 years, but have been seriously considering selling the SVT and getting into the new ST. All the preliminary data/articles/"ride-a-longs" indicate the ST to be a special vehicle. As I mentioned to blurbyu, one thing that really excites those of us who have owned an SVT is the ST's 250 lb.-ft. of torque verses the SVT's 145 lb.-ft. - thus the days of 3000 rpm launches may be behind us!!!

Glad that Ford has finally committed itself to making small, affordable performance cars available in the United States (and Canada!!!) :thumb:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the SVT def lacked the torque to get moving in a hurry from a stand still. It was the perfect definition of a momentum car. I hope the ST handles like it. It is a hard thing to come by a car like the SVT that feels like it is on rails. It provided me with a sense of confidence and was a great car to learn how to lap in. Time for more power though and as soon as Ford of Canada releases dates for pre-order i will be playing the waiting game like a few of you already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts