Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and thinking about ordering a blue focus ST (ST3). This forum has been a great source for information so far.

I currently drive a 2009 BMW 335i xDrive but it's spending way too much time in the shop :S and the repair bills are starting to add up. Thinking about selling it or trading it in for what I hope will be a more reliable ride! :!:

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Well Welcome! My Ford has been reliable. Although there are certainly unknowns with first year production cars. But I can say that warranty is a great thing to have. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I can relate to your situation. I had a '99 A6 and it was killing me. I actually traded it in while it was in the shop getting a new steering rack. That was years ago but unfortunately it sounds like not much has changed. I did miss the Audi ride feel. When I came across the new Focus I could sense the European influence. I was ready to go for a Titanium but came across the ST while I was researching things like apparent issues with the transmission, and even the power steering. Well, I bought a SE just before Christmas. I figured I could drive the SE and trade it in on the ST when I ordered it. Even though it was just above a base model it was a nice car. No steering issues, the transmission was fine. I call it my 3000 mile test drive. I've got my order in for a ST3 and from the initial reports, especially the Top Gear report, it sounds like I'm in for a great ride.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Performance Blue is a good color. The Focus ST will be a well balance performance car and not carry the upscale German make repair and maintenance costs. Definitely worth serious consideration.

Welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts