Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon fellow ST owners! I am currently a proud owner of a 2013 Focus ST. I work as the Accessory Manager at a Ford dealer, in attempt to gain more business and serve our performance car owners better, what kind of accessories would you all buy at the dealer if it was priced the right way? Would you still but performance parts elsewhere if a dealer could sell you performance parts and roll them into the deal?

·
Registered
189 Posts
You should sell the Ford Racing tune and other Ford Racing products, and your service department should install them. It's kind of hard to find a Ford dealer that will do that.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would only view this as an attempt to scuttle the warranty process. Especially for people who might travel, and cannot always make it to the same dealer. You never know how the service manager will take to any "accessory" that is not OEM, and installed at the factory.

Not saying that's what you would do, just what will probably happen. Still a PITA to uninstall my tune to have anything done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The good news is that my father is a Service Manager for a Ford Dealership so I'm getting some great insight on what can affect a warranty and you are correct, a tune will void warranties, unless you install the ProCal Tune which is Ford backed from the factory. Pretty exciting! 80 more torque?! Where do I sign?

Thanks for the input guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts