Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

So far it doesn't seem like there are a lot of members, but hopefully as the year goes on and it comes closer to the 2013 Focus ST launch more will join.

A little background about myself:

I graduated from college with a degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2010. During my four years at school I was a part of a project called Formula SAE and in my senior year I was one of two team Co-Captains. My background is in structural mechanics, materials, and manufacturing. During my time at school I learned a variety of hands-on skills such as TIG welding, detailed machining, and composite lay-up techniques. I had the honor of touring the Ford Engineering R&D facility three times and speaking to engineers about the design of our mini Formula-style car.

I've actually been following the Focus ST since its rumor and debut at the Paris Motor Show in Sept. 2010. Currently I own a worn down 2000 Mercury Mystique which I am hoping to replace with the ST. I am a die hard car enthusiast and have been for a long time. I have been to a number of NASCAR races and smaller regional tracks. The last few years I have spent most of my time following road course racing.

I am patiently and eagerly waiting for more information about the upcoming ST. Let's all hope the engineers working on the car can provide us with everything we've come to expect and more! I understand how much time and work it takes to design/build/test/produce a quality product and I do not think we will be disappointed.:cool:

Dan

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Hello Everyone!

So far it doesn't seem like there are a lot of members, but hopefully as the year goes on and it comes closer to the 2013 Focus ST launch more will join.
Hi there Dan

You are correct I just started Ford ST Nation in November 2011. At this point the site is exactly 2 months old. You can help me spread the word by using social media, and liking the posts here with our facebook apps on the site.

Welcome to Ford ST Nation! :) I am like you patiently waiting for more news. If you get wind of any news about the Focus ST and Fiesta ST feel free to post if someone already hasn't.

I've actually been following the Focus ST since its rumor and debut at the Paris Motor Show in Sept. 2010. Currently I own a worn down 2000 Mercury Mystique which I am hoping to replace with the ST. I am a die hard car enthusiast and have been for a long time. I have been to a number of NASCAR races and smaller regional tracks. The last few years I have spent most of my time following road course racing.
Yes I have been following the Focus ST since I saw it on the Ford website in January 2011. Who is your fav nascar driver. <-- Jeff Gordon.

I have been to Texas and Charlotte to watch races. Hopefully I'll see a Daytona Race one of these days, since I live 2 1/2 hours from that track.

So you work on cars, perhaps you can help us less fortunate to tune and modify our Focus ST's when we get one. :) I really want to build a hard core tuners/moders community.

Well, welcome and thanks for joining.

Chad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts