Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm at the dealership and the guy is putting me at $500 over invoice on the ST2 package. (not including tax license ex.)

So roughly $23,460 but he says the invoice price might change between now and then.

Once the DORA is signed and the car is ordered, can they change the price on me???

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't know if your dealer is mistake or mine is just lying to me. But I've had 2 seperate dealers tell me that st2 invoice is 25,460.60.

·
Registered
693 Posts
if you signed the papers, thats the price your getting for. There is no way that invoice price will change from now till the time you drive it off the property. If they say the price may change, you might want to change dealers. By law you can back out of the car at any time. Even if the car is at the dealer waiting for you. You can show up and say " I changed my mind and want my deposit back". Of course they will say you have to buy it, but its not the case. It will be your car once you sign the papers. $500 over invoice it good, NICE JOB!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
that $23460 seems pretty cheap for a st2. seems more like the st1.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok...Im back from the dealership. No, I did not place my order.

I was a little excited and calculated the price off of the ST1 package on accident while my guy went to go grab a mock DORA to show me.

Ya, I feel dumb. Anywho, after talking with him longer, the price will be based off of the ST2 invoice with the dealerhold back.

Because the guy who can place the orders was not there, we went based off the paper work I had printed. (the PDF with the price list from Ford). So, it would be (and PLEASE tell me if I calculated this correclty):

$22,100 (dealer invoice w/holdback)
+ $2,235 (ST2 price w/holdback)
+ $500 (over invoice)
----------------------------------
$24,835
+795 (destination - is this included on the DORA or is the destination charged added after???)
---------------
$25,630 (before tax, title, license)

I will be going back on Monday to go over the price with the guy who can place the orders to be doubly sure this is what he was offering.

Oh, and this is the ST2 with no extras. MSRP according to the dealer website is $26,880
So roughly, $1,250 under MSRP.

·
Registered
693 Posts
It appears your calculations are correct. Thats a great price. What color you thinkin?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definately going with Oxford White. I absolutely love the black...no car looks better than in black. However, I do not want to have to stress over every nick and scratch like I do with my current car.

I am headed over to another dealership to see what they can do for me. (you never know)

·
Registered
693 Posts
you know you can get 500 over invoice. try 300 over invoice!! i got your back!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice price! But yes, that does seem awfully cheap for an ST2. Double check they added the 201A package for the ST2. If not, it's a base ST1.
Dealer invoice pricing For ST2 is:
$22100 base ST invoice
+$795 destination
+$2235 Invoice ST2 201A Package
+$391 Adv. Assessment
+~$47 Fuel Charge
-$108 Invoice ST2 package discount
=$25460

$500 over invoice would put the price at $25960. (Although it looks like not everyone is paying the advertising assessment or fuel charges.)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you know you can get 500 over invoice. try 300 over invoice!! i got your back!!
I am definately feeling more confident now that I know where I can start negotiating. I really want $1500 under MSRP.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice price! But yes, that does seem awfully cheap for an ST2. Double check they added the 201A package for the ST2. If not, it's a base ST1.
Dealer invoice pricing For ST2 is:
$22100 base ST invoice
+$795 destination
+$2235 Invoice ST2 201A Package
+$391 Adv. Assessment
+~$47 Fuel Charge
-$108 Invoice ST2 package discount
=$25460

$500 over invoice would put the price at $25960. (Although it looks like not everyone is paying the advertising assessment or fuel charges.)
Awesome! Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts