Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ST Nation, new member from Maryland. Looking for some more info on the new Ford Focus ST, just thinking about getting this one later this year. I was looking at the Ford website and in these forums about the options available on the car. In Europe, it looks like features like Blind Spot Monitoring are available, but I dont see them on the US version when you build it. Is it a misprint or typo or will some features not carry over on the US version. Thanx and hello everyone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
:welcome: I haven't seen or heard any info to say wether or not the U.S will get the blind spot monitoring, you can always add blind spot mirrors yourself after you pick up your ST.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Some features don't carry over from the European market. No light washers, no folding mirrors. No rear fogs. The list may be longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought Ford was the Ford one concept for the company that the European and US version would be mostly identical.
Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

·
4,009 Posts
It is but cost being what they are, some of those features are not necessary in N America and would drive up the cost. Have you looked at the cost of the ST in Europe!

·
Registered
241 Posts
No blind spot monitoring. Appears to be special (custom?) corner of the mirror angled differently to view blind spots.

·
4,009 Posts
I have the blind spot mirror on both my Explorer and my Titanium Focus. I thought it was a standard Ford thing.

·
Registered
495 Posts
there is a difference between Blind Spot Information System(BLIS) and the blind spot mirrors. In europe the ST has an option for BLIS. In the US all 3 versions of the ST will come standard with the blind spot mirror in the corner (they work pretty awesome).

·
4,009 Posts
I'm glad that we don't have BLIS. Siilly if you ask me. I do like the mirror within the mirror.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They could at least kept it as an option. Looking at the European version, they have alot more options than the US version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Options that they have on a regular focus should be at least options on on ST and be take off entirely.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah, it's a bit silly that the Focus Titanium has a LOT more options than the Focus ST. The GTI has everything from the Golf, plus more. The Golf R is fully loaded. Hyundai isn't going to hold back options from the Veloster Turbo. Subaru doesn't hold stuff back from the WRX/STI when compared to the Impreza.

Sigh. I just want automatic wipers, hill launch assist, and the garage door opener. I hope they all make it in the US version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts