Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very interested in the Focus ST when I first heard about it until the Ford representative the starting price would be in the high $20,000 range. I thought this meant the starting price would be $27,000-$28,000, which was out of the question and I lost interest. However, I just found more information to indicate this meant about $25,000 which is a good price and this is MID-$20,000 you idiot. If I can purchase this car fully loaded for around $28,000 I will mark it high on my list if it finishes well with Car and Driver's Lightning lap test. I predict a similar result to the Mini Cooper John Cooper Works about 3 minutes and 17 seconds. (3:16-3:18). I narrowed down my search for a new car between this and the Veloster Turbo. Obviously this car is superior to the Veloster Turbo, but I will make my final decision based on the price difference. The Veloster Turbo should be about $25,000 loaded and this should be about $28,000 loaded. If the performance difference is small and I do not see a reason to spend $2,000-$4,000 more for the Focus ST, I will buy the Veloster Turbo and vice versa if the difference is large. This is mostly based on Car and Driver's Lightning lap which is a great comparison test.

John Smith Not 1882 :p

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Hey there john,

Welcome to Ford ST Nation. Yeah most of the information you are looking for will be posted soon.. As far price, I think $28k is little conservative for fully loaded.

But we will keep you posted on what you need to know for sure.

Chad

·
Registered
693 Posts
Welcome to the forum !! This is the best and most current site for the. ST. lots of great info here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts