Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
I’m totally new here. Just bought a 2016 Focus ST - ST2 a week ago, and when I got home from work today my passenger HID headlight was out. If I try manually turning it on, it flickers to just a second and then stays out. I’ve pulled the headlight housing And checked all the connectione and all seem good. I’ve never had HIDs before so I have no idea where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, John

·
Registered
195 Posts
My experience is on the industrial side but, I'd replace the lamp first. I also have the ST3 with HID's, I think there is a ballast in the system that might be the problem, but I would try a new lamp first (It's cheaper) I'd do a bit more research on the lighting system before I got in to deep though. Best of luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swapped the lamps and the problem swapped too. So the lamp was indeed the culprit. btw... the local Ford dealer had an internet price of $250 for the lamp. It’s a Standard Osram D3S Lamp, so I took the part number off the bulb and did a search. Found the identical bulb on Amazon for $51.99 + $2.99 for overnight shipping. Put it in this evening and all is well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts