Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
GTi always wins. VW must fork over lots of money to make sure of this.
2nd to last is winning?

They forked over lots of money in R&D for their DSG and launch control development, the reason its so quick. So you aren't completely wrong.

Whoever drove the Focus, drove it wrong, so don't worry too much about that. But the GTi is capable of a half second faster quarter as well anyway.

- Drew

·
Registered
252 Posts
2nd to last is winning?

They forked over lots of money in R&D for their DSG and launch control development, the reason its so quick. So you aren't completely wrong.

Whoever drove the Focus, drove it wrong, so don't worry too much about that. But the GTi is capable of a half second faster quarter as well anyway.

- Drew
A 14.96 is right around where I've seen ST's running. Chris Harris isn't exactly a rookie driver either :p

I'm surprised it didn't catch up with the GTI though

·
Registered
440 Posts
A 14.96 is right around where I've seen ST's running. Chris Harris isn't exactly a rookie driver either :p

I'm surprised it didn't catch up with the GTI though
Well Steeda hit a 14.4 in the very first night out in the ST, I have hit a 14.6 in my first trip to the drag strip in the ST and would have gone even faster with another run or 2.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Every track can have different conditions, not every car off the production line runs identical times, and even with a good driver not every launch is perfect. Since they didn't show multiple runs I'd assume the launch and 60' times could have been better but if the temps were hot at the time of the test, poor DA (density altitude), the runway surface wasn't great and the ST didn't launch perfectly I could easily see it running a high 14-second pass just as I could also see it running a mid to lower 14-second with a great driver at some of the better tracks in the US. As an example, I have hundred upon hundreds of passes on my Neon SRT-4 and some people out east ran high-13s stock when the cars were new while here in Southern California mine and nearly every other stock SRT-4 ran mid and sometimes high 14s stock.

For this video it would have been nice if they included trap speeds and also if they measured them at exactly the 1320 foot mark or averaged over the last sixty feet like at a real drag strip with timing lights. The trap speeds would give a better idea on the power each car is putting to the road. I might have to dig around the internet to see if there's more info on the results they ran.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Maybe they should get this guy to drive. Car just has an exhaust, no tune.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A-764kbrrFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
337 Posts
Maybe they should get this guy to drive. Car just has an exhaust, no tune.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A-764kbrrFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13.9, awesom! sounds great too!
Thats JakeBrewer.

He is banned from this forum.

Car has a tune now and it moves.

- Drew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.