Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like there are a number of us on the Westside of Los Angeles and nearby cities. Let's get together! How about Spitfire Grill at Santa Monica Airport? Or, maybe Teddy's at Bundy and Pico? Or, any other ideas? Both of those host other car groups. I will help set it up if we can come up with a day and time. Monthly? Weekend or evening? Breakfast, lunchtime or dinnertime? If breakfast, maybe we could go on a run afterwards? The coast, or hills just North of us are great. We could also cruise to a car museum or car tuner. Let us all know what you would like to do.

·
Registered
375 Posts
if driving and having to deal with everything that is wrong with LA wasnt such a big deal I would come. But having to deal with that on a weekly basis driving into LA from OC, i hate that city ha Plus Im sure Santa Monica would figure out some way of banning cars that are gas powered or something stupid seeing how if you breathe wrong they give you a ticket. Either way, hope someone gets something together for you people on the opposite end of socal

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm down. Spitfire is practically around the corner for me. I'd feel guilty even taking the car :)

Maybe we should start with something like an after work meet like a Tuesday night?

If we see each other at a meet, that disqualifies everyone from "sighting" each other, right?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to Spitfire for dinner last night, and it would be a great place for breakfast meet. I'm thinking about 1st or 3rd Sat in June, where we would meet for an hour or so, then go in for breakfast. We can then plan whatever else we want to do, like track events or drives on curvy roads, or coming to auto museums.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got an email back from the owner of the Spitfire Grill, and at this point both 1st and 3rd Saturdays are open. That would mean June 8th or June 22nd. Any preferences on which one?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AHHHH! I can't read a calendar. The dates would be the 1st and 15th!. I am planning on going to the track with NASA on June 1st & 2nd in Buttonwillow, so I guess I need it to be the 15th. Who can come to a breakfast meet & greet at the Spitfire Grill in Santa Monica at 9am on June 15th?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know it is possible to be up at that time, so looking forward to seeing some of you! The Spitfire Grill is located at 3300 Airport Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90405 Phone: (310) 397-3455
Their website is Welcome to Spitfire Grill if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I know it is possible to be up at that time, so looking forward to seeing some of you! The Spitfire Grill is located at 3300 Airport Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90405 Phone: (310) 397-3455
Their website is Welcome to Spitfire Grill if you want to check it out.
Have we picked a date?

BTW, it's kind of funny, but the Spitfire is so close to where I live, I could walk there in 10 minutes or so. My car won't even be warm by the time I'd get there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Frankenbike - The date is June 15th at 9am for our first meet.

I also live near there, on Barry Ave just South of National. I see a Perf Blu ST parked on Mclaughlin sometimes between Venice and Washington - is that you?

·
Registered
685 Posts
No, Tux Black. I think I met the guy with the PB ST, and he was driving his pickup that day. I pass by Barry and National all the time. Amazing.

My wife says, "You? Up at 9am on a Saturday? And coherent?", then she starts laughing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts