Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
First you need to get a permission from Ford corporate, in triplicate. Only then is it ok to Use dental floss and a heat gun to remove the badges.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the ST or focus badges I'm talking about the blue ovals

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
303 Posts
Both the front and rear Ford emblems are bolted on. The front one you need to remove the front bumper to access the bolt. The COBB installation guide (PDF - see link below) for the front-mount intercooler provide detailed instructions on removing the front bumper.

https://cobb.app.box.com/791500instructions

To remove the rear Ford emblem, you need to take off the interior of the hatch and unbolt the plastic strip containing the liftgate unlock button/licence plate lamps. I'm not sure if the Ford emblem is bolted onto this strip or if it's an integral part of the strip.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Both the front and rear Ford emblems are bolted on. The front one you need to remove the front bumper to access the bolt. The COBB installation guide (PDF - see link below) for the front-mount intercooler provide detailed instructions on removing the front bumper.

https://cobb.app.box.com/791500instructions

To remove the rear Ford emblem, you need to take off the interior of the hatch and unbolt the plastic strip containing the liftgate unlock button/licence plate lamps. I'm not sure if the Ford emblem is bolted onto this strip or if it's an integral part of the strip.
The rear is not bolted in. Seems to be molded in or taped in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had to remove both Ford Oval badges to do strips. I was surprised the badges are double sided tape to the bumper cover and hatch trim, no bolts. The badge is just a thin aluminum cover not the typical blue oval (less costly). I used 3M spray adhesive release and plastic tools like a bondo spreader to work around the edges of the badge being careful not pry up to hard or you might bend the badges.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got to remove the front part of my stripe and the ford badge. I used 3M spray glue remover and some fishing line under the badge to cut through the foam tape.

IMG_452384911.JPG

·
Registered
195 Posts
As far as make logos go... the Ford oval is not the fanciest, that is for sure, however, being a Ford employee... I kinda have to keep them on!!! And also curious as to what your going to put in place of the Oval badges? Could be worse... could be that disgusting ugly ass gold bow-tie logo... YUCK!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts