Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the manufacturing has begun how long will it take you guys that preordered to get your cars? Looking forward to your impressions of it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't believe anyone has received a VIN yet so it will probably still be sometime out. Manufacturing has started but I believe that all 2013 Focus's are being built at the same time. So Titanium's, ST's, SE's will all be built mixed in together so they aren't just making the ST so that will probably slow things down.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
This is the big question now. I'm still confused as to why dealer inventory is being built first (or so it would seem)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I sold my '11 Outback Limited DD a few days ago. I don't like using my Porsche as a DD, although that's what I'm now doing. I would think that after a couple of months since $$ deposited and order placed, we'd get the courtesy of an official status report.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I sold my '11 Outback Limited DD a few days ago. I don't like using my Porsche as a DD, although that's what I'm now doing. I would think that after a couple of months since $$ deposited and order placed, we'd get the courtesy of an official status report.
sorry you have to use the Porsche as a DD. Ill trade you my Hyundai in the mean time.:thumb:
It would be nice to have some sort of status to our cars. Considering we have hard earned cash down.

·
4,009 Posts
Dealer sent me an email. Says VIN # by Friday.

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
So, you likely won't receive your St till late September with an Aug 27 build date. Did you pre order or dealer stock order? If there were only 300 pre orders, out of the 1000 Go Pro promotion, these cars should be being built now and next week.

·
Registered
332 Posts
part of me wants my ST to be delivered later so I can pay off more of my current car. the other part of me wants the ST yesterday, and would probably throw that other part of me off a bridge. hmmm...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just got the heads-up from my sales guy. I preordered on or around 6/22/12. My build date is August 20th (which sounds fine), but delivery will take "four to seven weeks."

SERIOUSLY? That could well mean October!

·
Registered
264 Posts
My guy says that it's almost always 6 weeks or sooner once they start building em so I wouldn't be surprised if they start rolling into the showrooms late Sept to early Oct. I'm probably one of the few ok with a delay on my ST3 since I need as much time as possible to save up some cash but I'm very much anticipating this car. Never ever thought I'd be this way about a Ford Focus! Hell, I love my Titanium now but the zero power is getting very old. Only reason I'm upgrading to this beast.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can deal with another 6 weeks until delivery. August is one of two months out of the year when we get 3 paychecks...which means extra money on my down payment!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Me too! Oddly enough, February was the other month. Shortest month of the year, yet there were 5 Wednesdays!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
175 Posts
Why does is take 4-7 weeks for delivery after the car is built I'm curious? What other cars are being built at the Wayne plant? I live 4 hrs south by car I just imagine throw it on a truck and bring 'r down!

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, you likely won't receive your St till late September with an Aug 27 build date. Did you pre order or dealer stock order? If there were only 300 pre orders, out of the 1000 Go Pro promotion, these cars should be being built now and next week.
Once the vehicle is built it usually take 2 weeks tops to get here, it will be prolly mid sept

·
Registered
778 Posts
I would just be happy with a build date already. I sold my car way faster than I thought I would and not having a vehicle is already getting old. Not that I don't appreciate my family letting me borrow theirs to go to work and back...but I would like to know when I can expect to have MY ST.

·
4,009 Posts
Agreed on the two weeks until delivery as that's how long it's taken the last three Fords I've ordered to ship.

There may be a hold on the ST's. Just speculation but Ford may want to roll out X # of cars before they ship and or scrutinize theses first builds.

A source I spoke with said that even though production has started, the first cars may be destine for testing and demo cars. I guess its a way to work the kinks out on the assembly line on the first runs.

On the go via Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts