Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I hope you have better luck with the Bit One than I did... Never got the whining resolved in my MINI... Ended up going with the amps only.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I hope you have better luck with the Bit One than I did... Never got the whining resolved in my MINI... Ended up going with the amps only.
I installed it in my Honda Fit and didn't notice any whining.. hopefully I won't experience any of that in this install too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Finally finished my box. How does it sound? I really don't know.. part 2 of my stereo install is wiring up the amps. lol

I know.. I should have wired first and then made the box, but the power wires didn't arrive in time for me to start this project when I was free one weekend so instead of waiting around, I started to build my box instead.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Finally finished my box. How does it sound? I really don't know.. part 2 of my stereo install is wiring up the amps. lol

I know.. I should have wired first and then made the box, but the power wires didn't arrive in time for me to start this project when I was free one weekend so instead of waiting around, I started to build my box instead.
I will not believe you without pics as proof. ;)

Wes

·
Registered
221 Posts
That looks incredible! Very clean. Unfortunately, I've given up on car audio. I've found anytime you start taking things apart, they rattle when you put them back together. That, and powerful bass seems to shake every panel in the car loose. Maybe I'm just not doing something right...lol. Either way, it seems like you have very good taste, can't wait to see how the whole system turns out while using the MFT still.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That looks incredible! Very clean. Unfortunately, I've given up on car audio. I've found anytime you start taking things apart, they rattle when you put them back together. That, and powerful bass seems to shake every panel in the car loose. Maybe I'm just not doing something right...lol. Either way, it seems like you have very good taste, can't wait to see how the whole system turns out while using the MFT still.
It's all about the prepping. Lots of people focus on the major stuff, like replacing the speakers and amp and forget about the sound deadening aspect of the install. If you take the time to address these areas then you shouldn't have any problems with rattles. My last car was a Honda Fit and the entire interior was made of cheap plastic. I sound deadened the whole car and after I was done, the sound of the doors closing was similar to a Mercedes, very solid and quiet. It's all about the technique and attention to detail when it comes to car stereo install. It's not very expensive to get the sound deadner, but it makes all the difference in the world in the install.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Since you have the process down, how about making a few more and selling them? I'd take one, for sure.

It's a very time consuming project.. it's not worth my time to build and sell these. It'll probably be better for you guys to buy the JL stealth box instead.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's a very time consuming project.. it's not worth my time to build and sell these. It'll probably be better for you guys to buy the JL stealth box instead.
What would be a realistic price just for the box? You might be surprised what people are willing to pay for something like this...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
What would be a realistic price just for the box? You might be surprised what people are willing to pay for something like this...

Probably around the $450 price point.. So the sub box Bizzaroh linked is probably a better deal.. not unless the JL 10TW3 is a subpar sub and you wanted a different sub.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Probably around the $450 price point.. So the sub box Bizzaroh linked is probably a better deal.. not unless the JL 10TW3 is a subpar sub and you wanted a different sub.
I'm going to check more into that JL unit, but it looks like the enclosure isn't much larger than the stock one. I see the area above the sub as kinda dead space since you can't really put stuff on top of it, so I'd rather get more airspace for a higher power handling sub. If I don't like the JL unit, I'd pay you $450 to make one if you're serious!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts