Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around and haven't been able to find out to use commands to access Pandora on my iPhone. But I think I found a hack the other day from pure chance.

My phone was low on power so I plugged it into the USB ports in the center arm rest to charge. I then thought, "what the heck, I'll launch Pandora and see if I can play that since it's connected via USB."

It really didn't matter that it was connected by USB as it's also Bluetooth.

So I just used the Bluetooth Audio command thru SYNC and since Pandora was launched and playing, I said PLAY and it just came up and played thru the ST's audio system.
:yay:

Will figure out how to select from my saved channels in Pandora next...but I was too busy at the time enjoying the Black Sabbath mix playing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a hack? When using BT audio, your phone essentially treats SYNC as a set of bluetooth speakers. SYNC will play whatever your phone output is over BT, including pandora/spotify/text-to-speech/siri/what have you.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have been using Pandora over USB since we got the car in 2013.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just say "mobile apps", then when it prompts, say "Pandora".

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hmm...tried it several times without success. Doesn't recognize Mobile Apps as a command and is not on screen list of what commands can be given...

Software update needed or particular SYNC version that this works with?

I have found that just having Pandora playing and then saying Bluetooth Audio as a SYNC command will get it to play over the vehicle speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts